Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
In Version 0.6.4 The text entry field displays the text vertically when in landscape mode. It works fine in portrait mode.
Accelerometer control is awesome!
It's really Smooth also!
This is a great App!
Thank you very much!
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

The Following User Says Thank You to strange1712 For This Useful Post:
apt-get install libsdl-gles* libsdl-ttf2.0-0

dwaradzyn,

I'm hoping to hear from you again with the package 0.6.4 fixed.

Thank you for the nice program.

Wish you good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to new_n900 For This Useful Post:
@dwaradzyn

a few days away...and now so great updates!
Hey man... busy nights?!?

Just installed the new version and trying the new features....

Concerning the gps fix time, as i suggested some time ago, could you take a look at the "Gps Recorder" sources?
The fix time of that app is absolutely the fastest of every app available for the N900!

...thanks...

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
@dwaradzyn

one more issue.... i think...
while running on the road, and in offline mode, there is some kind of problem loading already cached tiles..

Situation: tiles for zoom 15 are all locally present and i'm running on zoom 16(which is not present).

So... cloudgps runs showing the tiles from zoom 15 but, often, until cursor does not touch the edge of the new tile, the tile remains blurred. As soon the cursor goes over the edge, cloudgps loads the level's 15 tile with no problem.

I suppose there is something wrong in the map preload square...
Some time ago i asked if you could put in the ini file a setting to change the size of preload rectangle... do you remember? is it possible?

Many thanks...

Last edited by xes; 2011-12-02 at 10:02.

@dwaradzyn
just to let you know: this one prime example of a really great user interface and, ofcourse, also of smooth operation!!!

I am really looking forward to how you will further develop ClodGPS. Keep up the great work!!

and, ofcourse: thank you very much!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to tredlie For This Useful Post:
Had similar probs to most, where CloudGPS wouldn't start, but fixed that bit with the the apt get instruction in post #422.

But I can't get my GPS to work within the app. It just refuses to kick in when I start CloudGPS. Works fine in all other apps that require it.
Also I notice the maps refresh is very glitchy. Sometimes the map disappears completely and sometimes I get black artifacts (like graphics corruption accross the screen).

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Had similar probs to most, where CloudGPS wouldn't start, but fixed that bit with the the apt get instruction in post #422.

But I can't get my GPS to work within the app. It just refuses to kick in when I start CloudGPS. Works fine in all other apps that require it.
Also I notice the maps refresh is very glitchy. Sometimes the map disappears completely and sometimes I get black artifacts (like graphics corruption accross the screen).
Please try the version from post #411

@dwaradzyn
.....a little idea...
In the option menu could you add a button to launch an optional external script exporting to it some vars (like current map, gps data, time, last search...)
So we will a have an basic modular plugin system.
What do you think about?

So someone could implement save position information or many other little tricks....
Just an idea... nothing more

Originally Posted by xes View Post
Please try the version from post #411
Still not playing ball, even with that version. Seems to start lagging and getting unresponsive after a short time in use too.

Tags
best gps app