Active Topics

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
Whenever i delete files from my 2gig sd card it keep reappear, I have even tried formatting the card but the file are still there. I have even tried adding file to the card after deleting the original files but to no luck since when i check the card the original files come back and the new ones are deleted.

The card was give to me by someone who had it in his phone before but told me that he formatted it before.

I have noticed that there is a hidden system file on the card which i assume is what causing the problem.

So can anybody tell me what else can i do to delete the files or is it that the card is corrupt?

no system file can survive a format. So it's probably from your device... btw what file is it? DCIM? .modest folders?

there are three folders My_Images (empty), My_Music (empty) My_Videos ( 3 videos) and a card.sys file

these folders are created automatically by the phone , after it mounts a partition on the sdcard .

The Following User Says Thank You to ivyking For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
these folders are created automatically by the phone , after it mounts a partition on the sdcard .
So how do i get rid of them

You can't... The phone itself autogenerates it.

So basically the card is not good anymore then

Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
So how do i get rid of them
Formatting the card to ext2 worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

I think disabling the tracker from scanning , watching and indexing removable media will stop these folders from being recreated , the tracker is responsible for scanning your media for images , sound files and videos so that they show up at the media player and photo application . to disable the tracker download tracker-cfg from extras-devel and disable scanning ,watching,and indexing of removable media

The Following User Says Thank You to ivyking For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Another example of dumb UX design.