Active Topics

Got my n800 today. Had it delivered at work and got it charging up so I can play with it after. I ran out and bought 2-2gig cards from Radio Shack about $20 a piece. (I am sure someone can beat that on the internet but not local). Excited is not the word.

Congratulations!
But do get more memory!

The Following User Says Thank You to distguitar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
congrats!

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
Prepare to squander many fun-filled hours tweaking it and installing cool apps....

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
You will definitely enjoy it, especially once you get the latest firmware on there. Also, not a bad price on the cards, considering it was at RS...but with all the cool stuff to load on the N800, you'll soon be looking at bigger cards

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by basco View Post
Got my n800 today. Had it delivered at work and got it charging up so I can play with it after. I ran out and bought 2-2gig cards from Radio Shack about $20 a piece. (I am sure someone can beat that on the internet but not local). Excited is not the word.

Welcome on board

Have fun!

Thanks all. The card size is ok to start with. As I accumulate programs I guess I'll need more but I am sure card prices will come down when i get to that point.

BTW, I got one problem already, my phone does not pair with the n800 exactly the way I want it. It pairs then when I double check to see if I can see the directory structure of hte phone, the n800 will not let me see it and gives me an error. Its the same with pairing with the desktop computer. I read other pages and did some searches here but came up with no results.

I haven't yet tried to connect yet but was trying to solve the problem one step at a time. With computer, I get disconnected every once in awhile. I just figured it was just at&t saying I am downloading too much for their 24usd plan.

The link I saw was connecting a 770 with an older model RAZR. I have a RAZR v3xx and a 800 connectiing to at&t (cingular)

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
You won't be able to see the directory of a paired PC over bluetooth or wifi out of the box, unfortunately, but browsing has worked automatically for every *Nokia* phone I've tried. Can't speak for other brands.

Anyway, glad to see another new owner!

Basco

Enjoy! There are too many fun things to do with your N800. You'll never run out of options, and with all of the recent developments, this is a great time to have one. Mine has become virtually indispensable in my daily life.

If you decide you need more memory, Fry's Electronics has a wicked deal on a 2 pack of Patriot brand 4gb cards. They're an off brand, but 2x 4gb cards for $40 can't be beaten, at least from what I've seen. I have one of these cards in my N800 for about three months so far and haven't had any problems (knock on wood...).

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You won't be able to see the directory of a paired PC over bluetooth or wifi out of the box, unfortunately, but browsing has worked automatically for every *Nokia* phone I've tried. Can't speak for other brands.

Anyway, glad to see another new owner!
Thanks for the response. I was following tabletcorner's guide and apparently there are some deviations.