Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
Piracy is when you dont pay for a software, FW is free!
Funny, I could had sworn that software that is not yet released is the property of the company and not 'free'.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by bummer View Post
How is it 'better' to allow for a thread that promotes the use and sharing of an unofficial release when you above mention that the person who leaked this may also be in trouble?

One would think it would be better to close it and announce that the sharing of unofficial RCs is not allowed. By allowing it to continue not only is the wrong allowed to go on - but you are also indirectly condoning it - and the fallout from it (messed up devices, etc).

Guess I don't understand the logic.
Shutting the thread down just forces the conversation elsewhere. As wmarone aptly stated: better to moderate the conversation here and make sure people are properly informed and cautioned.

Again, that has been the way this has been handled in the past. Don't confuse comments about Nokia internal policy with any sort of enforcement here... although depending on how this goes, things could change.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Shutting the thread down just forces the conversation elsewhere. As wmarone aptly stated: better to moderate the conversation here and make sure people are properly informed and cautioned.

Again, that has been the way this has been handled in the past. Don't confuse comments about Nokia internal policy with any sort of enforcement here... although depending on how this goes, things could change.
Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
How is it 'better' to allow for a thread that promotes the use and sharing of an unofficial release when you above mention that the person who leaked this may also be in trouble?

One would think it would be better to close it and announce that the sharing of unofficial RCs is not allowed. By allowing it to continue not only is the wrong allowed to go on - but you are also indirectly condoning it - and the fallout from it (messed up devices, etc).

Guess I don't understand the logic.
This is the maemo community and not Nokia. People are free to mess up their devices as they wish.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
flashing as we speak.....

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Houston, Texas
anyone know how to use the video calling option?

playing with this pr1.2 and noticed that facebook is an account option. didnt find it in the changelog, did anyone else know about this?

also theres a built in search for finding sharing sevices? news to me

can you start video calls?? (not google or skype, normal video calls over 3G network i mean)

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Whatever makes you sleep at night.
What is your problem? No one is shoving pr 1.2 down your throat right? If you dont like this thread.... move on.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
takes AGES to boot up after upgrade!

Closed Thread

Tags
brucee lee, cheesey wotsits, guinea pigs, haha nokia, impact, impatience, in the evening, is a virtue, just deserts, kill bill, mr miyagi, oh la la budha, pr1.2, thx chuck, unofficial, usher-omg