Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thanks. Could you please explain how to do that exactly (the commands)? I'm still haven't pulled the "factory reset" trigger so I could try this, but I am not sure which commands to run in the shell (I don't know the exact package names for instance).

I forgot to disable openrepos prior to the update too, so that might be my issue as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
I mostly followed this guide here to have an chroot with internet access in recovery mode:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...#post-id-45710

You have to change the rootfs mount on Jolla C to /dev/mapper/sailfish-root.

After that you can use pkcon / zypper to fix your packages. Try to upgrade the packages and see, if you get errors with missing / wrong dependencies and try to fix them.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
HELLO: SAILORS
Updated : 0.1.8-10.6.3.jolla -- 0.2.0-10.7.1.jolla
[ambiences] Pre-calculate grayscale info for inverted ambiences.

What is: inverted ambiences. ??

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ejjoman View Post
I mostly followed this guide here to have an chroot with internet access in recovery mode:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...#post-id-45710

You have to change the rootfs mount on Jolla C to /dev/mapper/sailfish-root.

After that you can use pkcon / zypper to fix your packages. Try to upgrade the packages and see, if you get errors with missing / wrong dependencies and try to fix them.
Thanks! Unfortunately I'm stuck at the very first step in the shell:

Code:
mount: mounting /dev/mmcblk0p28 on /mnt/rootfs failed: Device or resource busy
I have no idea why the resource is busy, and of course I can't umount it first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Please paste the output of

Code:
mount
Edit: If you are on a Jolla C, use /dev/mapper/sailfish-root instead of /dev/mmcblk0p28

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ejjoman View Post
I forgot to disable openrepos-repositories which may have messed up my update process...
All third party repositories are disabled if you update through the officially supported method (via Settings).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
All third party repositories are disabled if you update through the officially supported method (via Settings).
I know... but: nope - I am not very patient...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Ejjoman, the issue was indeed that I'm using a Jolla C so rootfs is already mounted by default apparently. I could mount it to /mnt/rootfs and chroot in doing as you said though. However, I can't seem to get any Internet on the phone in recovery mode after doing the ip forwarding/iptables/route manipulation in the guide you cited. I did everything as explained (Linux computer), no error, but yet no connection. :/

I'm clueless. I did everything as mentioned in the guide, the 10.42.66.66 (Jolla C Recovery shell) and 10.42.66.67 (computer telnet interface) IP correspond to what is written in the guide as well, got no error, but I cannot get Internet on the phone.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2017-07-26 at 23:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Can you ping your computer from your recovery shell? Can you try to ping the IP of some public service, like the Google DNS (8.8.8.8)?

The Following User Says Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
HELLO: SAILORS
Updated : 0.1.8-10.6.3.jolla -- 0.2.0-10.7.1.jolla

What is: inverted ambiences. ??
I maybe wrong here, but I think 'inverted ambience' means this; white wallpaper with black text/icons. I have already created a white ambience, but it doesn't look too great. The Settings menu is very grey in the background with thin black text on it. The homescreen, locked or not, has a mixture of black and white icons, for example; The battery percentage text is black but the battery image is still white, same with internet activity icon, it's black, but network reception remains white and of course, with a white background, white icons are just not very visible.

Don't wait for Jolla to develop this new idea at any great speed, it's been 4 years since we've seen any actual, tangible updates and sadly, the ambience module is proprietary/not OSS, so we can't (well, I can't) do anything with it ourselves.

I noticed that Russian Sailfish has capability for inverted ambience, but I have no idea if it is fully implemented yet, I'm certain I have seen it in an image somewhere, possibly a link from Coderus signature here on TMO, but of course, so many images these days are just CGI mock-ups and have yet to materialise.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: