Active Topics

Notices

Just added the icon made by billybobjones.

Btw, if you tried the app, please report back if it works fine or not.

I like the idea of this app, but it would be great if this app has a car mode in which the UI consists of just two elements: The frequency (on which the transmitter is currently set) and a big button "search". When the button is pressed, the app searches for a free frequency (the frequency with the most "free space" to the next occupied frequencies) and sets the transmitter to this new frequency.

If I'm driving in my car, I don't want to know how many frequencies are free and I don't want to set my own threshold :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
I have installed the EFF from the repositories and found out the fact that this is your previous shell version 1.4.2. This application works and seems to be very useful, but please, let me know whether Your last GUI version, You are writing about, is available anywhere. Thanks.

Originally Posted by sblotskyy View Post
I have installed the EFF from the repositories and found out the fact that this is your previous shell version 1.4.2. This application works and seems to be very useful, but please, let me know whether Your last GUI version, You are writing about, is available anywhere. Thanks.
The last version of QT E.F.F. is availabale for download on the first post of this thread. The shell script version in the repositories was not uploaded by me so i cant remove it or change the name, but i will contact the uploader.

I just installed the latest version and there is no icon for it.... Am I missing something..

Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
I like the idea of this app, but it would be great if this app has a car mode in which the UI consists of just two elements: The frequency (on which the transmitter is currently set) and a big button "search". When the button is pressed, the app searches for a free frequency (the frequency with the most "free space" to the next occupied frequencies) and sets the transmitter to this new frequency.

If I'm driving in my car, I don't want to know how many frequencies are free and I don't want to set my own threshold :-)
Thats why i am developing T-CONTROL . But i can easily add a button to the current E.F.F. version to set the transmitter to the first empty frequency found.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BLIZZARD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flexman View Post
I just installed the latest version and there is no icon for it.... Am I missing something..
It will appear on the next reboot, unless you installed the shell script version.

Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
It will appear on the next reboot, unless you installed the shell script version.
I uninstall the script version then installed the .deb file from the first post. All went well with the new installation. I have rebooted twice now and the icon is still not there... Thanks

Originally Posted by flexman View Post
I uninstall the script version then installed the .deb file from the first post. All went well with the new installation. I have rebooted twice now and the icon is still not there... Thanks
Type the following in Xterminal and post the output.

ls /opt/EFF

Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
Type the following in Xterminal and post the output.

ls /opt/EFF
"No such file or directory"

I did a re-installation and still cannot find it..