Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Do you want this script in the repository?
Poll Options
Do you want this script in the repository?

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
downloaded files and i will give it a try now. but first i will create a backup incase anything goes wrong. thanks for this port.
Backup allready inside the file (uninstall method will restore original files).

Originally Posted by n900_ View Post
I don't recommend install this. Tested on creative aurvana live - sound is distored. Default maemo audio settings are the best (great sound qualiity without any eq)
I can't quite say that... I don't know about your headphones, but I get distorsions only on low end headphones like the stock headphones or on other crappy bud-ear type. On my Sony & beats, the sound is crystal clear.

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
@n900_
Still Its Kinda "Beta" So Do Not Expect Exact Things , Sometimes Noobs Do Talk :P Sorry If Iam Wrong :P
No, not quite, this is the last and best version. Check the changelog. No further development can be made, one, because I no longer have an N900, and two, because I don't think you can mod the pulse-audio better without rewriting it completely.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
i first installed those drivers and after that i tried to install deb file and got this error.
Skip that part, if it's not working, please skip!

Originally Posted by Mr.bot View Post
nice script ,, the best thing on it that i can raise the volume of the internal speaker while calling thank you too much
but i have small suggestion can u make the boost be on 2 steps not one
so we can get to steps of raising volume cause i find some times normal sound too low ! , and beats sound too high ! (while calling)
I didn't quite understand what is your problem, please rephrase that

Originally Posted by Mr.bot View Post
r u sure the script don't modify any thing about the gsm chip ?
cause my sim card died yesterday !!
Yes, there's not possible relation between those two. Considering this, a reflash should solve the SIM card problem, but it's not solving it, so it's a hardware issue. This piece of software can only break your internal speaker or your headphone, that the maximum damage it can do, and I think I solved that problem .

Cheers.

I would like to be able to improve the audio output of the handset, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to risk the outcome of using the script.

Needs a bit more work, methinks with maybe a UI and a limiter in the script so it's not so easy to take it above a safe limit.

But having said that I've actually come across some docking stations that are so p*ss weak that listening to audio via the N900's speakers is way higher than going through the docking station.

would be nice a gui , but the the bass boost is too much for the headphones , even the beats ones , it distorts heavy compared to stock mafw

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
I would like to be able to improve the audio output of the handset, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to risk the outcome of using the script.

Needs a bit more work, methinks with maybe a UI and a limiter in the script so it's not so easy to take it above a safe limit.

But having said that I've actually come across some docking stations that are so p*ss weak that listening to audio via the N900's speakers is way higher than going through the docking station.
A limiter function is active inside the script file. There is no such thing as a SAFE LIMIT. That limit is set by your hearing. If you like loud, the limit is higher, otherwise, the limit should be lower. Beats audio require a high sound output, if you use low end headphones there is no need for this script. But if you have both, keep the volume down, don't crank it up to 100% and then come here and cry.

I added that warning just because I felt the need to WARN the people that, the device is already old, so the speakers resistance is not like in the first day, there's dust in there now, maybe the rubber is not that strong anymore, and they can break them if they expose them to higher output.

Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
would be nice a gui , but the the bass boost is too much for the headphones , even the beats ones , it distorts heavy compared to stock mafw
Please post your headphone model. I think I tested it out on Beats and there were no distorsions...

Tags
audio, beats, driver, music, pulseaudio