I updated the eMMc, im having abnormal battery life, but i dont know if its related or not lol, i did both pr 1.2 and the latest emmc.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Well i just checked and there is nothing interesting there except maybe newer documentation for those who need that (but that can be copied after like i did).

As for the other thread I'd need a specific post URL as it's too long to go through 13 pages :-)
Maybe they want to use catorize from PR1.1.1 that allowed folders i think (never tried it) ?

I forgot where are Nokia's map and how you're supposed to get them back on the device though since they don't seem to be in that vanilla eMMC...

edit: is it just: the cities folder in MyDocs?

Last edited by R-R; 2010-05-26 at 18:56.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
I forgot where are Nokia's map and how you're supposed to get them back on the device though since they don't seem to be in that vanilla eMMC...

edit: is it just: the cities folder in MyDocs?
Yes, and the maps will be downloaded from the internet as-needed. Or you can use Map Loader to copy the maps onto your device so you don't incur high cellular data usage.

http://maemoarena.com/2010/03/how-to...in-nokia-n900/

Last edited by stlpaul; 2010-05-26 at 19:02. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Well i just checked and there is nothing interesting there except maybe newer documentation for those who need that (but that can be copied after like i did).

As for the other thread I'd need a specific post URL as it's too long to go through 13 pages :-)
Maybe they want to use catorize from PR1.1.1 that allowed folders i think (never tried it) ?

Sorry, it was the first post that the guy mentions it, couldn't find the post where someone replied....

I will probably re-flash eMMC tomorrow (had to do rootfs today - because of dodgy install of PR1.2) so if it does change anything major I will post.

We could do with someone from Nokia explaining what the changes are for really.....

Yeah the maps come pre-loaded out the box but they aren't in any of the images so you have to download them again....... pain I guess you could download them in map loaded (in the PC Suite - and transfer/load them over USB) - or over wifi -

I have had issues with PC Suite and the N900 though - It doesn't communicate very well and some of the suites features don't seem to work - I haven't tried the map loader software so I'm not sure if you would have an issue or not

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
What do you mean by modify the menu?
Found out why I couldn't do anything with the menu - Catorise - was installed LOL n00b

If you un-install it (so you just have the standard menu) - just press and hold somewhere on the menu a new screen pops up telling you to "Select an application then tap on a new position" - so you can basically just change the order of the icons on the menu - pretty useless really they are still all on one page??? Catorise is definatly better

I want to flash the eMMC but the phone reboots after i flash the image file, how can i reflash without the phone rebooting.

As it states that the eMMC has to be flash without the phone rebooting prior?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well, after eMMC update I now have small N900 icon in Nautilus when attached through USB. Worthy!

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
If you have problems to flash the eMMC under WIndows then just have a look at my post here, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...653#post680653

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
I updated the eMMc, im having abnormal battery life, but i dont know if its related or not lol, i did both pr 1.2 and the latest emmc.
I too was having terrible battery life. 2hrs of browsing and full to near empty :O So I have just re-flashed and this time i have flashed the emmc too to see if it helps. I hope so as I can't take such a drop in battery performance.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by gallous View Post
I want to flash the eMMC but the phone reboots after i flash the image file, how can i reflash without the phone rebooting.

As it states that the eMMC has to be flash without the phone rebooting prior?
Correct, if you read the guide carefully you will see that you stop it from rebooting by REMOVING "-R" at the end of the command that you use to flash the firmware.

Hope that helps