Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
The reason why fremantle-1.3 doesn't work was explained here

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Cheers for that info thedead1440 & sohil876.
After the migration is complete would it be too much to ask to have a mega clean up of the repos?
ie Old/obsolete versions of apps to be purged and archived and a locked sticky thread with the fully working repos listed that only has mod access for updates/announcements.

Would also be a great help if all app developers created wikis where .deb files of their apps and a list of dependencies can be found.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Since the migration is completed, the temporary repos are not needed. It should be fine using the default repos

The thread doesn't need to be sticky anymore.
This information is edited and added on the first post aswell

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Would also be a great help if all app developers created wikis where .deb files of their apps and a list of dependencies can be found.
Actually, there's a packages section in maemo.org that has this information. (I'm not sure how you find it by navigating the site, I can't even remember how I managed to find it...) For example, the package page for Pierogi 1.1.16 in extras-devel has, among other things, a link to the .deb package and a list of all the dependencies.

I am seeing a difference between HAM and FAPMAN despite the identical settings. More specifically, selecting only the extras-devel repositories (disabling all others) and using only the fremantle distribution, HAM will offer to update the packages that can be updated and some that can't (I know that because the current and offered versions are the same and the authors have been inactive for a while), while FAPMAN will offer to update only the packages that can be updated.

I hope the above is clear enough.

Last edited by chill; 2013-04-23 at 08:21. Reason: grammar error

Actually, belay that! I just reran a HAM catalogs update and application update, and there were no problems. My catalogs are a mix of "fremantle" and "fremantle-1.3" (just to test it), but it didn't fail this time. FAPMAN (which has only "fremantle" distributions) worked without a problem.

It's probably not a bug but a feature ;-) but I see Pierogi's subtitle in the list of updateable applications is "Small Update" in HAM and "Universal Infrared (IR) Remote control for N900" in FAPMAN.

Also hoping fremantle and fremantle-1.3 have the same content now, unlike before for modRana http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...28#post1330928

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by chill View Post
I see Pierogi's subtitle in the list of updateable applications is "Small Update" in HAM and "Universal Infrared (IR) Remote control for N900" in FAPMAN.
In the "control" file I've got for version 1.1.16's debian package, the "Description" field has the "Universal Infrared..." description for Pierogi, and the "XB-Maemo-Upgrade-Description" field has the "Small Update" text. Maybe FAPMAN puts the upgrade description somewhere else? (I've never used FAPMAN...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
hello everyone. i'm getting a error (warning) when im trying to update my repos. it does updates repos but i thought to post error here.

W: GPG error: http://repository.maemo.org fremantle Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG E40DC434616730BD maemo.org Extras repositories (Fremantle Extras) <repositories@maemo.org>
sorry if its off topic here.

Is the old & default repository really up ? or is it down ?
http://repository.maemo.org/
At least it is down for me!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by GizmoSmith View Post
Is the old & default repository really up ? or is it down ?
http://repository.maemo.org/
At least it is down for me!
Its up since a number of months; maybe check your internet connectivity and/or hosts file if you have edited it to reflect repo.m.o to another ip than 213.128.137.22

Tags
guide, repository, temp mirrors