Notices

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
oh, I see... great!… btw the author of the Instagraph Uploader is a nice guy, very helpful - if You need some help and haven't already contacted him I could PM You his email adress…

[tw] @kegnatz

The Following User Says Thank You to Zelig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
So how its going?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
So how its going?
Unfortunately my day-work has kept me quite uncomfortably busy these last weeks and I really have had only brief moments to concentrate on Hydra.

Also, the release of next version will likely take a bit longer than usual because I'm doing some major refactoring on the code base (you'll see why soon enough...) that will require longer than usual testing period.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I do understand you, to much work, thats why it took 2 weeks for me to ask about Hydra project
Stand strong! It gets a little better every day

BTW If you need testers, you know where to get one...

Last edited by Kroll; 2013-10-23 at 20:04.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Greece
hello and congratulations for the great work! i am new to this and i don't understand what's going on here very well( i think )

i have installed the free version, should i pay for it ? is there any difference between them?
(this is a stupid question,isn't it?)

is there any "database" with working apps? from the firefox marketplace, or tizen etc.

thank you

and what do you mean with opera widgets?

i want a better browser! is there any way to get it ? (like dolphin, opera with meego keyboard..)

Last edited by someoneleme; 2013-10-24 at 09:51.

Originally Posted by someoneleme View Post
hello and congratulations for the great work! i am new to this and i don't understand what's going on here very well( i think )

i have installed the free version, should i pay for it ? is there any difference between them?
(this is a stupid question,isn't it?)

is there any "database" with working apps? from the firefox marketplace, or tizen etc.

thank you

and what do you mean with opera widgets?

i want a better browser! is there any way to get it ? (like dolphin, opera with meego keyboard..)

Thank you for the feedback

The fee version is, as you said, free. There are no restrictions to it's usage. However, if you like what I'm doing and want to support it, I encourage you to purchase the PRO version. The main benefits of PRO version are that it always gets the latest new features first and that it supports data encryption.

There is currently no database of working apps. I simply don't have enough time to test all the apps out there. If you find an app you would like to use but find it not working, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to make it work in future versions.

Opera widgets are a legacy widget platform based on draft versions of W3C's widget standards. There used to be a community site (widgets.opera.com) where you could download widgets for desktop and mobile devices (using "Opera Widget Manager" application available for S60 and Windows Mobile), but Opera decided to discontinue that their widget platforms. The stupid part about the decision was that they also pulled the plug for widgets.opera.com, which makes finding those widgets quite hard.

I don't really know what to comment on the browser part. I have been thinking about creating a browser based on Hydra core, but then again there are quite many available browsers already.

Version 1.4.4 is about ready for deployment to the Store (if the store still accepts anything..).

Symbian Instagraph widget's "Alternative upload" method is confirmed as working. Also, JavaScript APIs used by "Browse Gallery" have been implemented, but the native component required to actually upload the pictures is not yet supported (I'll get back to this later..).

Please note that downloading S60 widgets from Nokia Store using N9 is currently not possible (stupid Store limitation). If you happen to find Instagraph or any other widget package in downloadable format from some other, less legal site, please remember to also purchase the app from Nokia Store to support the developer(s) for their hard work.

Here is the full changelog:
* Implemented frame skipping for scrolling to improve responsiveness
* Implemented support or reacting to widget setting changes dynamically (excluding network access policy)
* Implemented support for disabling data encryption
* Added TCP port (when non-standard) to list of allowed network addresses shown on details view
* Added translation for Finnish language
* Improved some of the installation error messages
* Core support for desktop build
* Fixed file selection sheet scroll position not resetting when opening a new folder
* Fixed Symbian WRT widget.openApplication() support for UIDs prefixed with "s60uid://"
* Fixed Symbian style content request handling with absolute file paths (i.e. using file protocol instead of trying to use drive letter)
* Fixed handling view modes defined in configuration document to use proper priority order
* Fixed handling of scandic characters within Mozilla manifest files by properly converting text from UTF-8
* Experimental support for Symbian WRT Platform Services 1.0 Location API
* Experimental support for Symbian WRT Platform Services 1.0 Media Management API
* Experimental support for Symbian WRT Platform Services 1.0 System Information API
* Experimental support for Symbian WRT Platform Services 1.0 AppManager API

As you can see, there are a lot of changes. The biggest, and yet quite invisible, is some major architectural refactoring to enable building the app for other platforms besides N9. I've used desktop as a test platform but there are no intentions to distribute Hydra for desktop (at the moment at least). Next actual target is of course the Sailfish OS and possibly Android later on when Qt becomes fully supported.

I'm also considering open sourcing Hydra. At first, this would be with licensing model that allows contribution but prevents distribution beyond 'official' releases. Anyone here interested in doing some development work towards Sailfish compatibility?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
Need some links to symbian widgets!!

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
1.4.4 is working great. Uploading pictures with Instagraph is working without errors. It prompts me to download the APIBridge at every start up. I just have to hit cancel and it opens up no problem.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
hey sviox, today i bought the pro version of hydra to support your efforts and also wanted to say thank you for the great app! i'm particularly interested in firefox os apps. in the free version i was able to access the store, but after buying the pro version the firefox marketplace won't open. i install it in hydra and click "launch" but nothing happens. also, after i close the app and reopen it the marketplace is no longer listed as being installed. tried rebooting the device, uninstalling/reinstalling hydra but the issue persists. any ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post: