I remember reading about a few people getting the LED to flash with the battery status. But the way I see it is there is already a daemon for low battery alerts and I would like my N900 LED to blink red on low battery, I would like to do this in the most efficient manner. Has this been done before?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Be careful
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46363

I havenīt tested this.

Thanks but I that just seems like it is a script, I was hoping for a more efficient way of going about it...

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
Thanks but I that just seems like it is a script, I was hoping for a more efficient way of going about it...
Script that can be run as background daemon. What exactly you need? 1-click package?

It just doesn't seem to be the most efficient way of going about it, there is already a battery deamon, why not see if we can utilize that?

It just doesn't seem to be the most efficient way of going about it, there is already a battery deamon, why not see if we can utilize that?
Note that it gets extremely rare waken up (only when battery gets low or you plug in the charger)
if that isn't efficient enough I don't know what is.

what WOULD be cool is some way to change the colour of the breathing light every, say, 20%. eg: green flash for 100%-80%, blue for 80-60, yellow for 60-40%, magenta for 40-20%, red for <20%. although that's not part of your original post so i'll leave it for its own topic

Originally Posted by Char View Post
if that isn't efficient enough I don't know what is.

what WOULD be cool is some way to change the colour of the breathing light every, say, 20%. eg: green flash for 100%-80%, blue for 80-60, yellow for 60-40%, magenta for 40-20%, red for <20%. although that's not part of your original post so i'll leave it for its own topic
Hell, after editing my MCE file I still can't get that script to work...

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
You have to restart mce after editing the mce.ini.
Reboot the device or as root:
initctl stop mce; sleep 3; initctl start mce

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Hell, after editing my MCE file I still can't get that script to work...
Maybe this will help: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...074#post941074

The Following User Says Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post: