Active Topics

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
BLARGH!!! Where's my Maemo 6!!!!! Hildon or BUST!!!
Havent you realized it yet?

It has been abandoned since 2010!?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No landscape? What...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Wow. Loved it.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
No landscape? What...
It sound like, that they working on it. And look that smile . 1.00 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW0hn...ature=youtu.be

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Well, I've recently started with RPM packaging for Nemo and would say I like it quite a lot more than Debian packaging.

Just that all the packaging info resides in the specfile, meaning you don't have to reprocess the package every time you make a change and wrangle with a dozen of different files makes creation of new packages or repackaging of existing ones much easier.

Also the Mer/Nemo packager, called zypper seems to be quite advanced. For example, it can be used to add new repositories (zypper ar) directly from the command line, which I think apt-get is not able to do. This is quite handy for adding some of the many interesting COBS repos.
Sorry for continuing the OT, but the only thing I want is autoremove. I don't know if zypper got that, but it didn't have it in earlier meego days so in reality there was no way to unistall something after you tried it unless it doesn't pull any dependencies (which is rare in linux). Especially on limited hardware such as a phone I don't want all this junk laying around.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
After a second look, these two logos look slightly similar.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
One more video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtEbOGuxuig
That sound very bad...

Only 4 apps is showing and rest is hidden while they running, but if you close some of last used apps, those hidden apps showing up only then :/. Hope i make some sense..

So... Where is true multitasking? And.. Lumia -like clock. It's only shows up, if you tap a screen.. No back button is going to fail.. i'am afraid...

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
I swear to god if tyhe next video comming from jolla is again the media player and the contant app I'm a buy a Lumia (lol no I'm not). But seriously guys at least show us the browser.

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
That sound very bad...

Only 4 apps is showing and rest is hidden while they running, but if you close some of last used apps, those hidden apps showing up only then :/. Hope i make some sense..
They support more than four apps running at a time. Watch the interview with Mark Dillon.

So... Where is true multitasking? And.. Lumia -like clock. It's only shows up, if you tap a screen.. No back button is going to fail.. i'am afraid...
What do you need a back button for when you have back swipe gesture?

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?