Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
I wonder how low Nokia's stock has to get before management get a clue?

They just issued a profit warning.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=NOK

Another 20-30% down and they might finally realize:
- they cant put out half finished phones (n900, n97)
- Why the hard-on for Symbian? especially when its just not up to par with the competition
- Meego better have a decent UI experience
- you need to fire all the crappy QA,developers. Stop being cheap and hire non-junior developers
- Stop with the stupid E and N series split. In 2010 consumers expect both decent business/consumer experience in a phone.
- stop catering to the extreme geeks by just piling on "features" that sound good but don't work well in practice.
- How hard is it to make sure all the apps you ship with the phone have the same look/feel UI experience?
- in 2010, "majority" of consumers like slim phones

.. its looking pretty sad. why can't Nokia wake up????? They were so close with N900..
Yeah, and now Nokia has realised that its most profitable to sell products aimed at compete idiots and simple minds. Bravo. happy now?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by zeebra View Post
Yeah, and now Nokia has realised that its most profitable to sell products aimed at compete idiots and simple minds. Bravo. happy now?
That must have been posted from a lumia!

care to explain?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
3 straight days of positive result. Hey. I'm rich

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
3 straight days of positive result. Hey. I'm rich
Well, looks like Nokia is slightly down today but if you bought it about a week ago you've made a tidy 10% which is a much better return than US treasury notes over the course of 2 to 3 years. The question is should you get greedy and hold on for more or sell now? If Nokia introduces a great camera that is nicely integrated into the "global" Lumia 900 OS at MWC, stock price could soar despite folks misgivings about windows.

BTW... Basic rule on investing: Buy on the rumor and sell on the news.

I'm selling just before nokia announce result for Q1. I'm sure I can get another 10 before that.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I'm selling just before nokia announce result for Q1. I'm sure I can get another 10 before that.
Good strategy. Depending on what you invested you might be able to afford an n950 that is sold on the black market...

I can easily afford a few N950s but I would never do now. To late!

Nokia on the move on rumors about new exciting products during mwc

Wow! You're right. Nokia up 5% so far today. About 20% for the year.

FYI Apple up a little over 3% today, 28% for the year.

Just need to sell before the tech bubble bursts! How does it go? Buy low sell high. Yup. Thats the ticket...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I think if Lumia 900 is half *** successful, the stock has a chance to break 10 in the next 12 months. it will all depend on the sales. I am in for a long haul. I do think they will be one of the few survivors in the smartphone game.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I think if Lumia 900 is half *** successful, the stock has a chance to break 10 in the next 12 months. it will all depend on the sales. I am in for a long haul. I do think they will be one of the few survivors in the smartphone game.
I'm not sure about 10. Lumia 900 might balance lost sales from Symbian, but in no way yet replace them. Apollo and Windows 8 tablet is where it's at for Nokia. Those are 2H releases, tablet will certainly be Q4 release.

Rather than Lumia 900, "808 PureView" (whatever it name will be) could be the surprise card from Nokia. Symbian will still remain the main OS smartphone platform for Nokia in sales, easily.

HTC seems to have some serious problems. Company that seemed to be unbeatable just year or two ago has already started to see decline.

While Windows Phone sales are small, it accounted 30% of HTC's whole sales. Nokia snatched largest WP manufacturer title in 2 months while selling Windows Phones only in ~6 countries.

Samsung will keep dominating Android side.

Last edited by tissot; 2012-02-24 at 16:06.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen