Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Abukana View Post
Ovi maps has that feature. One could pre-load the phone with maps by regions (country, state, all...)
It is an idea but this is for a different application (like we have some others already for the n900).

Use of any of the maps is subject to licenses - what does not make very easy.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Messina (Sicily)
hi, congratulations for the app
I have a question: can you add "Street View" feature?

hello thanx for the app it is really useful for me

I have a request if you could implement this feature:
be able to take a google map link (that has directions) and show it on the application. in other words, we can pre plan a route on a computer and then just load it up on the N900 when we are ready to go.

an example: a user can create a route on google maps via his/her browser and save the map on his/her my places option. then using the link of that my places and place it in the GeePS app, he/she can just view it without having to reselect his/her destination.

This also makes it easier to route a destination for someone, and just give them the link for them to follow

If you are keen I can elaborate more

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
does it have voice nav?????????

EDIT:- OK OK sorry i saw this qustion has been asked many times and answer is NO

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Last edited by nicholes; 2011-10-01 at 13:15.

The only good google maps front-end yet it is in dire need of an update and definitely needs to be ported over to the N9 pleaaasee

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
is it possible to save results to use them later offline?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
The only good google maps front-end yet it is in dire need of an update and definitely needs to be ported over to the N9 pleaaasee
I am working on a GeePS2 for harmattan... have to say that is promising but it is taking me much longer than I would like...

BTW, my goal it is also available to the N900!!!!

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
is it possible to save results to use them later offline?
I toyed with the idea but never got around to implement anything... Maybe if and when I get done with my initial plans for GeePS2 I will look into it again...

What do you think would be necessary? Just the directions? Images of turn-by-turn? ...?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I toyed with the idea but never got around to implement anything... Maybe if and when I get done with my initial plans for GeePS2 I will look into it again...

What do you think would be necessary? Just the directions? Images of turn-by-turn? ...?
I think that offline download is necessary. Maybe in the States there's wifi every square meter or everybody has mobile internet but there are countries where its not that way, like in Poland. There are also download limits on mobile internet. Many people dont have time to prepare all the stuff before they get into the car.

Navigation: multi-point for sure, best with voice nav (u may look at omvoiceserver)

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
@marmistrz: maybe off-topic but a simple??? question from a noobie: many developers for fremantle are moving on to Harmattan and I guess abandonning Fremantle (as fcrochik with its GeePS though no sure). Consequently, our future chances to keep inlove with N900 rely on CSSU progress and to benefit from new N9 apps. Will we be able soon, with your meecolay and a common Qt framework, to run all harmattan apps? I know that N900 and N9/N950 have different hardware and capabilities of course, so I'm sure that NOT ALL will run on N900 but just testing the possibility is a great challenge for me ...

Thanks for your hard work, both marmistrz and fcrochik. Sorry for posting this here but could not resist it