Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
More pictures...
Their marketing team can really do their job.

I guess they don't really have the money to refund nor to pay to tablet manufacturer, but going for refund buys them more time. And me, with Jolla phone sitting idle can't have any more interest in their os than to occasionally update the phone. ...or until an intex or some other phone comes out with good specs featuring amoled or another high quality display.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
Their marketing team can really do their job.
I could give them little advice to make it a bit more obvious!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
would it be possible to take sailfish ui , use cutebot/stskeeps, deploy on the Chinese Jolla tablet with android?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
would it be possible to take sailfish ui , use cutebot/stskeeps, deploy on the Chinese Jolla tablet with android?
Having just found and read stskeeps' slides, I'd say… nope.

Well, who knows, stskeeps himself might be able to using inofficial knowledge (read: magic. this guy is a magician, that's what's up). You and I won't. My best guess is he won't as well, though.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I'd love some more information on this. From the scraps I read on here, I gather there's some sort of signature on each official Jolla device that gets it access to the store. Without it, it's just like a community port. No store, no dalvik, no updates.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Having just found and read stskeeps' slides, I'd say… nope.

Well, who knows, stskeeps himself might be able to using inofficial knowledge (read: magic. this guy is a magician, that's what's up). You and I won't. My best guess is he won't as well, though.
Well, what if we transfer our refunds to stskeeps?

We could set up a small team

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
It's seems to be like Red Hat business model.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
The Indiegogo page explicitly states that it was designed in Finland too, so I'd assumed it was the same company who designed the phone.
And Jolla have been pretty up front about this - they have stated that the 'design' they talked about involved the colour, the the quality of the materials used in some of the components, and some modifications to the base design.

You'll have to hunt for the specific online references where they state this (as I no longer have them), but they were certainly in official Jolla posts/blogs/tweets, mostly from Juhani Lassila

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
There are no lies on that page, only promises they couldn't keep. This bitterness and suspicion is getting you down, man. Let it go
Jolla have admitted that their 'design' was effectively limited to colour and material choices (plus some minor hardware changes, such as the USB connector and a change in display once they discovered how poor the base component was)

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund