Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Yes, just saw that and not happy. This update did not make February as it wad a short month. Well it is 3 days shorter so why is the update 10 days late.
This has all the hallmarks of the old nokia ways, always the end of next week, which rarely arrived.

Some consistency would not go amiss, the update was proudly showed at MWC so why another delay.

I'm irritated as I have had to revert to my N9 as the connection error issue on my Jolla has rendered it useless.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
But at least jolla said it will come next week. That will count for something.

Jolla should implement a release countdown for every release.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Yes, just saw that and not happy. This update did not make February as it wad a short month. Well it is 3 days shorter so why is the update 10 days late.
This has all the hallmarks of the old nokia ways, always the end of next week, which rarely arrived.

Some consistency would not go amiss, the update was proudly showed at MWC so why another delay.

I'm irritated as I have had to revert to my N9 as the connection error issue on my Jolla has rendered it useless.
Is that the full update to the latest version "commercial ready" version? Or the stop gap

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post

I would say man up a bit, just the fact that we are getting updates so often from a 1/4th of a team of what meego had is brilliant. I am perfectly aware of the issues as I can't use wifi in work so most of the day my Jolla is off-line and I am annoyed, but don't forget what Jolla said:
We would also like to emphasise that whilst we strive to roll out software updates at roughly 1 month intervals these may not sync with calendar months.
Dave999 update counter does not seem like a good idea, that would take away all the freedom. And tbh once Jolla is at a stable stage I would not mind seeing updates take more time. Quality over quantity, so each update would be stable and contain great, well tested features.

That said it's my previous experience talking, with an open source model it's obviously different so feel free to disagree with me.

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2014-03-05 at 07:13.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I would say man up a bit, just the fact that we are getting updates so often from a 1/4th of a team of what meego had is brilliant. I am perfectly aware of the issues as I can't use wifi in work so most of the day my Jolla is off-line and I am annoyed, but don't forget what Jolla said:
It's not about the size of the team and I don't call 6 weeks a month. It's about consistency of message. Don't say one thing and do another.

I am aware that this is a very first world problem too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
While I like the idea of an update every month, I really don't want it to turn into the Ubuntu's "we need to make a release on that date, whether it is stable or not" style of thinking.

Under such circumstances, I'm completely fine with Jolla postponing releases.

PS: I even hoped that there would be a delay after MWC as it might indicate their lack of time caused by being busy preparing devices for various partners

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-03-05 at 09:54.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
I second that, don't just release something because its a specific targeted date.
That being said, I'm just as impatient as anyone else. I'm eagerly waiting and frequently using that "Check for updates" pulley menu.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Expanding on what what nodevel and Larsawd said. I hope they took in feedback from the MWC14 because they had something like 3500 people at their booth a day.

So I do hope they got some feedback and are making some improvements based on it.

It's a fair cop, impatience and a bad work day got the better of me. In retrospect i would rather wait for something that works.

Anyone else added the "about product" as a shortcut on the settings screen.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
February was a short month AND this is 1.0 AND they had MWC in the way. I think they've enough legit excuses lined up for some slack to be cut.

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"