Notices

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
Can anyone comment on the stability of using an existing Google and N900 calender with Erming ? Like many people, I was using Neuevasync till they charged, and have only had intermittent success with with the built in MfE program and Google...
Frankly its usable, you have to work on it a bit. In the begning I had to export all the calender item to google then i deleted all calender from n900. Synchronised it and got half of the calender item to the device. then i imported the calender to mobile. this way i got some duplicate events. i deleted duplicates one and syncronised. so got same events in device and google.

Now the issue with sync If i put a new event in google it sync with device but if a put a new event in device it doesnt sync with google. I think the problem is mainly with the events repitition and alarm which doent let it sync. For me this is not a prob as most of the time i enter the new events in google. I think hopefully this will be fixed in new updates.

The Following User Says Thank You to drangina For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
I've had an exception in iso8601.py line 22, 'unknown or illegal ISO-8601 date format: '2009-06-04T08:00:00'. Hope that can be cleared up as it's my better halfs calender that won't sync :-)
I'm no Python expert, but the regular expression there looks OK to me...

Maybe an option for 'don't sync back more than N weeks' would be useful - I've certainly no need to see things that long ago !

Last edited by tomchiverton; 2010-12-29 at 12:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
I've had an exception in iso8601.py line 22, 'unknown or illegal ISO-8601 date format: '2009-06-04T08:00:00'. Hope that can be cleared up as it's my better halfs calender that won't sync :-)
I'm no Python expert, but the regular expression there looks OK to me...
Yes, this issue may be fixed in the upcoming release, which includes some fixes for ISO8601 date formats.

Maybe an option for 'don't sync back more than N weeks' would be useful - I've certainly no need to see things that long ago !
Yes, this can be added. In fact in the original Erminig it was there, but I took it out. I will add it back, since it can be a useful feature.

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by drangina View Post
Now the issue with sync If i put a new event in google it sync with device but if a put a new event in device it doesnt sync with google. I think the problem is mainly with the events repitition and alarm which doent let it sync. For me this is not a prob as most of the time i enter the new events in google. I think hopefully this will be fixed in new updates.
Repeating events are a bit hit or miss, since Fremantle calendar manages them oddly, especially repeating events with exceptions...

If I remember correctly, simple event repetitions should be OK, but I have to experiment a bit more to have a list of what really works and what does not.

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Hmm. Something Bad has happened :-)
Erming crashed during sync (ISO date format issue, see upthread) and I killed it from the command line.
Now the main N900 calender app denies any knowledge of the calenders I created for sync'ing (only) from Google to, as well as the 'smart' birthdays calender.
Could a lock be wedged somewhere I need to clear ? Rebooting didn't help.

(I have my events backed up to google, so this isn't the end of the world for me)

Now the main N900 calender app denies any knowledge of the calenders I created for sync'ing (only) from Google to, as well as the 'smart' birthdays calender.
Could a lock be wedged somewhere I need to clear ? Rebooting didn't help.
Hmmm, that's odd. Do you mean that when you open the N900 calendar app, you don't see any of the calendars you created?

Are they visible in the settings of the Calendar app? Can you see them through Erminig (via the add or edit button)?

Nope, not visible at all in the main calender settings app. It even offered to 'import from another device' which is really really odd (I said no of course).

In Erminig, the missing calenders are listed, but when you go to edit a profile and click 'local' the missing ones didn't show up any more.

I'm now re-syncing back down from Google. Will let you know if it happens again, in the mean time will stay clear of the calender with that 2009 date in till the next release.

I am in the same boat. I used to use nuevasync, and now my MFE is broken and won't allow me to enter anything (see: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=906821)

I installed erminig and set up a sync account with my gmail. If I click either the little sync icon with "1", or the sync icon like a circle, a screen pops up for a quick second and then goes away. That's all it does though. Nothing has been synced on either end. I am syncing it with a new blank local calendar.

Originally Posted by senorsmile View Post
click either the little sync icon with "1", or the sync icon like a circle, a screen pops up for a quick second and then goes away. That's all it does though. Nothing has been synced on either end. I am syncing it with a new blank local calendar.
Have you entered a google account in the settings (tap the title bar) ?
What exactly have you added into the sync profile (what you did after pressing the '+' icon, and can review by selecting it in the list and pressing the icon next to '+') ?

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Yes, this can be added. In fact in the original Erminig it was there, but I took it out. I will add it back, since it can be a useful feature.
The thing to watch out when skipping old events is that repetitions for recurring events can be in the present and should be synced. I think that was an issue back then; Erminig didn't sync repeating events if they started too far in the past, even though they were still occurring in the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to gasper_k For This Useful Post:

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization