Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
WTF!! My SMS stopped working every time I send out the sms via reply!!!!!! I think libqt sms messaging is conflicting with the old one.

If I reboot then I will get the SMS reply and it will display in the Conversations list. This is terrible I need to do a clean reflash of this.

This is lame! I have to reboot every time to get my SMS displaying in my conversations Is this a privacy bug?

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by zerocool2k View Post
Can anyone confirm the number of packages for this Update pack? I was checking on FAM and saw Maemo 5 but did not choose it, I just chose to update 1 of my apps, but no idea why it downloaded the PR 1.3 and is installing. Number of packages shown on my FAM: 1042 - 1043. I'm just afraid it can not finish because it will remove FAM (a 3rd party app).
1051 packages in all

Originally Posted by aman18narang View Post
1051 packages in all
Thanks, I found another 9 in HAM. Seems enough.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
the play button in media player widget is still broken..nokia/maemo still hasnt found the genius rocket scientist who can fix that!!

The Following User Says Thank You to aman18narang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma

As you can see the β release of Nokia Software Updater provided the same excellent service the previous version has provided for me. If you look closely at the background of the image outside the β NSU window you can see I was prepared to deal with this.

Originally Posted by aman18narang View Post
the play button in media player widget is still broken..nokia/maemo still hasnt found the genius rocket scientist who can fix that!!
Works fine here. You are talking about the official widget right ?

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by Erebo View Post
upgraded OTA, no pain, the only difference i see is than the 76.0Mhz – 107.9Mhz Range on fm transmitter is gone
Try updating in App manager again. There are some updates that run after the PR 1.3 upgrade - I think this may fix the issue for you.

Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
Upgraded OTA. Seems pretty snappy.

I'm seeing two problems:
- MFE sync w/ my Google Calendar (not MFE sync to Gmail or Contacts) is failing. Used to work fine.
- Media Player no longer sees FLACs.
The MFE sync exchange issue went away after I restarted the device and did a full sync.

I filed a bug re: FLAC support.

http://code.google.com/p/extra-decod...s/detail?id=11

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
Ok finally updated using FAM otherwise nokia's own methods were useless. Lost teh multi boot feature of android / power kernal / normal but retained kernal settings and still having 1.1Ghz o/cd. Rest all apps still same no data loss of any kind. Now need to reformat the 8gb card as i dont need android anymore. I'm happy with iphone4 1000s of apps.

Performance at 1.1ghz seems better than before cept the standard apps manager is still taking ages to show updates.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
POS.. when trying OTA it says it can't update need to do it via pc suite. Installed pc suite aftere removing ovi since ovi said no updates, pc suite recognizes the device and said to install updater as this one is not working anymore. so installed NSU separately than it keeps searching for device and says device not found try again.. This is even when pcsuite shows it's connected to n900. POS company and software support for n900 all i can say. Glad i moved on to iphone 4 since last ttwo months.
i think i got the same problem. tried to do the install, Ovi Suite prompts that an operation is still going on. So I just made a back up first and then tried to do it on the phone, prompted me to do the install on the ovi suite, deleted a few apps, made a back up on my mmc and rebooted the phone.

did the install again and now it advanced up until the installing part. but for some reason it got stuck, haha ovi suite got stuck halfway. a window came up saying that the install failed and i need to do it on pc suite wtf? checked my phone, checked the version it was the same one you guys got except for the fact that it stripped the phone of all my apps, skins and all.

so do we need to run pc suite just to proceed with this install?

is there something i am missing? seems to me ovi suite is now stuck halfway. do i close out the program and try to do it again?

Last edited by riceboy; 2010-10-25 at 21:04.