Posts: 84 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by botski View Post
hi. am newbie guys. can anyone help me out?
What's your problem?

This is my problem, I've been lazy and haven't trawled through the 30+ pages, have done search to no avail, so hoping somebody can help.

I have KP49 and H-E-N installed.

I do the following: connected a card reader with a 1GB compact flash. Open H-E-N. Select High Speed Hostmode. VUBS boost on. Enumerate. Mount. Then the button turns into Mount/Unmount.

It doesn't automatically mount, so I go into Xterm and mount /dev/sda1. Go into file manager and guess what? the 1GB flash card is there waiting for me and I can copy, across from the 1GB to n900 and vice versa, watch movies, look at pictures etc.. success... so I think.

Here lies my problem... I go to unmount the drive using the button in H-E-N. nothing happens. the 1GB card still appears in file manager. So I decide to disconnect the 1GB card. It still appears in the file manager (i can access the folder structure). I close down H-E-N, my n900 crashes and restarts

So do i have to crash my phone everytime I want to disconnect a usb device?

Would love to export the log, but the phone crashed :P Maybe, I'll try unmount and see what the output is..

Cheers,
Fred

okay then... a bit more playing around and I realise it's everytime I close H-E-N, my phone just crashes and restarts... I don't even have to enumerate, mount etc...

and I'm quite sure my battery has a full charge...

http://forums.internettablettalk.com...&postcount=116

Last edited by fffffred; 2012-01-09 at 02:59.

Possibly something to do with this?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1126528

solution: rmmod bq27x00_battery
close hen... no crash... some success

still doesn't explain why unmount doesn't work

Congratulations, You've answered correct question to Yourself Furthermore, if You don't need bq27x00, You can add it to '/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist' (ls files there, kp got also own blacklist with different name - thus, I've heard that it's filled automatically with content of '/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist', can't confirm or deny that), and ensure, that it *isn't* listed in '/etc/modules'.

If You don't know if You use bq27x00 or not, it means You don't use it, and can safely blacklist.
---

As for Your mounting/unmounting problem, after successful enumerating, click on "enumerate", then, after a second, click on "mount" again (it's little confusing, I know - say hi and thanks to package maintainer for not uploading new version without any rationale, because AFAIK there are better solutions prepared already).

If it doesn't work anyway, it also can't unmount already. Just call (as root):
Code:
umount /dev/sda1
...and You're done. Of course, be sure to check if You try to umount the same /dev/ that You've mounted...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Cheers Estel,

I realised that bq27x00_battery was also listed in /etc/modules.
So I vi modules and deleted the line contining bq27x00_battery to ensure it doesn't startup on reboots.

I enabled bq27x00_battery to get CPU temp from QCPUFreq. I am using this in conjunction with KP49 to overclock. But having rmmod bq27x00_battery and this module on disabled at startup, I have found that the program is still outputting a temp. So I'm happy as larry.

There's instuctions here on how to blacklist for anyone that is interested:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#Battery

Cheers,
Fred

Originally Posted by fffffred View Post
I enabled bq27x00_battery to get CPU temp
Unfortunately, our SoC (containing MPU - Main Processing Unit = what You refer to as CPU) doesn't have *any* temperature sensor - physical;y. All programs, that claim to monitor temperature of MPU, are in fact using battery temperature, which is totally useless for over-clocking safety purposes.

It's so-called "snake oil" - false sense of being safe. IMO, such programs should get plentora of negative Q&A scores, but...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
[info]

apple's ethernet to usb adapter work OK with N900
it is based on Asix AX88772

[/info]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
Still don't have any success with media drives auto mounting. I still have to manually mount. Have tried this on several media devices.

I noticed watching this youtube vid that the message "Successfully mounted /dev/sda1 on /media/sda1" pops up on the ribbon. I'm not getting such message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NojK7KPHFJw

Tags
awesome!, bada rox, h-e-n hostmode, more noise