I control my N9 and I control my Exchange server

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by R59 View Post
My MfE stopped working just about a week ago. Everything was fine, the sync working a treat.
Now - nothing, all I get is "Connection to server failed" and "check account settings".
Well, I've checked, and they're all correct.
I can connect to the OWA service via the browser/firefox on my N9.
If I mis-spell my password, I get a "Sign in to Mail for Exhange" page come up, enter the password correctly and I get the "Connection to server failed".
At first it looked like an expired certificate issue, and there's no way to set the N9 to ignore expired certs from what I can make out. I checked with the system admin, and the certificate doesn't expire until next year. So I've downloaded a copy of it, and added it to my phone. But still, I get the same error.

I think it's an Exchange issue, not the N9, but the client that provides the email service (one of my customers) said that (a) my N9 is an unsupported device by them, and (b) all their iPhone users are getting on OK!

Any hints and tips?

I've tried deleting the account from the phone, rebooting and re-entering the details, etc..

Kind Regards

Rob.
They might be able to help you (Sergey_Kashin or your provider) if you provide some logs.
here are the instructions: http://wiki.maemo.org/Mail_for_Exchange_n9

Before you send them to anyone, check and remove personal info like passwords etc. from the logs.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
They might be able to help you (Sergey_Kashin or your provider) if you provide some logs.
here are the instructions: http://wiki.maemo.org/Mail_for_Exchange_n9

Before you send them to anyone, check and remove personal info like passwords etc. from the logs.
yep, Rob, just let me to take a look at the logs. At least I might say what is wrong and maybe how it could be fixed/workarounded/etc. However, since N9 is 'unsupported' device for your provider (I wonder why?) than probably they simply do not allow to sync N9 with the server.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
I can't sync my google calendar !

The Following User Says Thank You to iMeTubes For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
And? This thread's about Email in Harmattan.

Hey everyone,

This is my first message and I am sorry if it is a duplicate but I cannot seem to find an answer to my question. I own a Nokia N9 16 GB MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan PR1.3 and whenever I try to create a Mail for Exchange account to sync my Google Calendar, Contacts & Gmail, the sync seems to start (white arrow) and stops immediately (red arrow).

E-mail address: xxx@gmail.com
Username: xxx@gmail.com
Password: ••••••
Domain: [Empty]

Then I hit "Manual configuration"

Agenda: On
Contacts: On
Global address list: On
Email: On

Schedule: 20 minutes

Server address: m.google.com
Secure connection: On
Port: 443

Conflict resolving: priority given to server
Certificates: None
Non-provisionable device: Off

I'm sorry if the terms are not quite right as the phone is configured in french – nothing got synched though. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Ghost Bunnies,

Welcome around

I'm not too sure of Gmail MfE giving issues previously but two things you may want to try.

Firstly, check the box for Non-Provisionable device to yes. Secondly, maybe try using the app MeMailSettings to change the exchange protocol as Exchange protocol 2.5 worked for hotmail.

Lastly, you may want to post the logs and also the exact error you get i.e. when you click on transfers and your failed sync account it would give you the error. Maybe with the last two, Sergey_Kashin can help you out

http://www.zdnet.com/google-drops-ex...ts-7000008836/

This might be the reason why...

Who said "don't be evil" again?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Ghost Bunnies View Post
http://www.zdnet.com/google-drops-ex...ts-7000008836/

This might be the reason why...

Who said "don't be evil" again?
No they extended it to end June or end July 2013...

Edit: strongm's post below confirms it was extended for WP only... Guess you have to use CardDAV/CalDAV and normal Google account for your mail...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-02-21 at 12:19.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Well, they extended it for Windows Phone devices, not for anything else.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950