Active Topics

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
here....i had an overnight test drive of a tesla roadster yesterday. maybe you guys can try and use some of these pics.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
here are some more.....
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
and here is a green one i took out for about an hour
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
and here are a couple other colors that were there. i want the white one.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
and here is the new audi r8 v10 spider!!!!
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
i use just 3 desktops and its very simple but very useful desktops, many thanks for all maemo.org members for helping me doing such useful desktops.
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to moudy91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Okay, as I have mentioned before, I am now developing scripts that can be used to save desktop arrangements as themes that can be installed/exported as necessary.

So far I have been able to export the icon/widgets and their positions, desktop wallpapers, and no of desktops. I have not yet been able to restore QBW properly nor have I tried to restore the individual widget settings.

Now, I have only tried this on my device by changing my arrangements and then restoring them. So I want your help now. I am attaching a file below (save.zip). Download and unzip it to your device and pls run it from xterm as
Code:
sh /path/to/file/save.sh
for eg, if you unzipped it to Downloads, run it as
Code:
sh MyDocs/Downloads/save.sh
It will create a theme file in you MyDocs/Desktop-themer folder. Please upload it here along with a screenshot of your desktop so that I may try to restore it in my device and find out if my restore script if working properly. (Not required now. See Edit below)

The reason I am not releasing the restore script now is because if can potentially crash your N900.

NOTE: This is not for utter-newbs at this point. So if you're not sure what to do, this may not be for you. Rest assured that I am creating a app with GUI soon.

EDIT: Thanks to mrsellout and corduroysack, I have got two desktop-themes to check and make modifications to my script. I will release a more completed version with ability to apply themes soon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip save.zip (835 Bytes, 87 views)

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-06-21 at 04:08.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Okay, as I have mentioned before, I am now developing scripts that can be used to save desktop arrangements as themes that can be installed/exported as necessary.

So far I have been able to export the icon/widgets and their positions, desktop wallpapers, and no of desktops. I have not yet been able to restore QBW properly nor have I tried to restore the individual widget settings.

Now, I have only tried this on my device by changing my arrangements and then restoring them. So I want your help now. I am attaching a file below (save.zip). Download and unzip it to your device and pls run it from xterm as
Code:
sh /path/to/file/save.sh
for eg, if you unzipped it to Downloads, run it as
Code:
sh MyDocs/Downloads/save.sh
It will create a theme file in you MyDocs/Desktop-themer folder. Please upload it here along with a screenshot of your desktop so that I may try to restore it in my device and find out if my restore script if working properly.

The reason I am not releasing the restore script now is because if can potentially crash your N900.

NOTE: This is not for utter-newbs at this point. So if you're not sure what to do, this may not be for you. Rest assured that I am creating a app with GUI soon.
it's a nice idea to make a script for backup/restore hildon desktop but you kinda forgetting about something here...this script only works on our phone only not other phone who wanted to use this script...
you have to understand not all QBW,wallpaper,themes & etc on my desktop is the same on yours...
example my QBW have different icon for different applications...if any other member use my script without having the proper icon the QBW is worthless...now this is the same for wallpaper & themes...might be i have a themes that you havent install on your phone...using your idea of script will make a mess afterward on someone else desktop later on...other member would have install something they didnt wanted to install on their device just to make the script works...

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
it's a nice idea to make a script for backup/restore hildon desktop but you kinda forgetting about something here...this script only works on our phone only not other phone who wanted to use this script...
you have to understand not all QBW,wallpaper,themes & etc on my desktop is the same on yours...
example my QBW have different icon for different applications...if any other member use my script without having the proper icon the QBW is worthless...now this is the same for wallpaper & themes...might be i have a themes that you havent install on your phone...using your idea of script will make a mess afterward on someone else desktop later on...other member would have install something they didnt wanted to install on their device just to make the script works...
Trust me.

Also, Rome wasn't built in a day.

And, journies of thousand miles start with a small step.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Italy
My new portrait home

i've made a new qml flipclock
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt DigitalClock.qml.txt (6.4 KB, 113 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Red_Fox For This Useful Post:

Tags
desktop, epic thread, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots, show and tell