Posts: 45 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Washington, DC
I used the US PR1.2 and the Flasher, and blew away the deb image in MyDocs and reinstalled from the App Manager (did not touch the EMMC). Works fine. OO.o seems a little faster (15-20%), actually, but have not timed it.

R, Inkscape, Gnumeric all still work.

The Following User Says Thank You to DrSteve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
qole, any advice as to whether OTA or reflash-and-reinstall will work better?
I don't think that this matters. But I guess after the fw upgrade it would be advisable to do synchroot. Qole, do you agree? I'm curious what PR1.2 will change with regard to the few keyboard glitches that we have been struggling with.

At one point I was unable to click on the LXDE main menu but Ctrl-Back and back into LXDE fixed this. Anything y'all want me to test glitchwise?

Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
At one point I was unable to click on the LXDE main menu but Ctrl-Back and back into LXDE fixed this. Anything y'all want me to test glitchwise?
Have you experienced a loss of keyboard focus in LXDE and could that be fixed by the power button trick?

Does long press to get special characters work in LXDE?

And then I had these weird problems with xvkbd I descibed on the previous page.

EDIT: I've now installed PR1.2 myself, OTA, without any problems, and also no problems with Easy Debian. However, also my xvkbd problem is unchanged. Long press to get special characters without Fn key works in the Debian chroot terminal (not surprisingly, since this is just the standard osso-xterm), but not in GUI apps.
All in all, I do like PR1.2, in particular that no harm is done to Easy Debian!

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-05-26 at 16:12.

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Have you experienced a loss of keyboard focus in LXDE and could that be fixed by the power button trick?

Does long press to get special characters work in LXDE?

And then I had these weird problems with xvkbd I descibed on the previous page.
No focus loss yet. Not sure what context in which to check special characters. Will check out your previous entry on xvkbd.

Hi guys!!

I'm new around here. I have installed Easy Debian on my N900 and everything goes smoothly. I don't know much of linux and therefor i'm having some problems. I'm trying to compile and run an C 'Hello World' program. I succeed in compiling the program but i couldn't execute it. It returns a message that says: 'Permission denied'. I tried chmod but it didn't work. I've attached a screenshot showing the problem.

This is the program that i'm trying to run:

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(){

int a,b,r;

r = a%b;

printf("\nResto a%b = &d", r);

}
Thanks in advance!

Regards,

--
[ Marcello Bertacchi ]
--
Attached Images

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
mbertacchi: I think your problem is very simple; you can't run apps from the MyDocs directory, since it is formatted FAT32, and you can't make files executable.

Try the same thing in your /home/user directory, or make a /home/user/development directory.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I have to take back that I'm entirely happy with PR1.2. As I posted here, the standard (osso) PDF viewer seems no longer capable of displaying mathematical formulae, which for me is a real letdown.

Fortunately, the pdf readers in Easy Debian are intact! If I only could have them open automatically from microB!

EDIT: I've filed a bug report on this issue: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10345
Consider voting for it, if you share my frustration.

EDIT2: Rather off-topic by now, but in case somebody else here wants to have the standard pdf viewer fixed quickly: Replacing just the one executable /usr/bin/osso_pdfviewer.launch by the version from PR1.1.1 is enough. (Always do backups! )

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-05-27 at 19:24.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Fortunately, the pdf readers in Easy Debian are intact! If I only could have them open automatically from microB!
Actually, I have managed to get that working (plus opening MS Office docs with OpenOffice), using dbus-switchboard. There are a couple of bugs, but it seems to work for the most part. I need to figure out what is causing the problems and get the whole thing packaged up for the N900... I need more time!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I heartly advice you the extras-devel (or testing, I don't remember) version of Evince from qwerty12. Try that, for your math stuff, and please report if that fixes your problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze