Notices

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
is omweather going to stop working on nov 15 2011 (10 days away) , as weather.com have made huge changes to their api and how the api is accessed. i believe the old method ends on nov15...
Where I can find this information?

Vlad.

P.S. I've found this information.
It seems that we will have serious problems. : (
I can't write very quickly a new code for this source.
I have to go on a big business trip until 20 November.

Vlad,

Last edited by vasvlad; 2011-11-05 at 14:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
hi, i was just going to point you to something like this

wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-weather-please-read-plugin-will-cease-to-work-nov-15

but i see you've found the info.

i subscribed to weather.com's api service (didn't pay any money), and about an hour later i recieved what weather.com calls a 'magic key' (a big hexadecimal number). i'm not allowed to share the key and it gives me access to 100 api calls a day, but i couldn't find out how to actually call the api with it. i think the partner id concept is gone.

so maybe that's an option, i.e. if people want to use weather.com, they can apply for a magic key. but i've no idea if i can even use this magic key without paying first.

Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
hi, i was just going to point you to something like this

wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-weather-please-read-plugin-will-cease-to-work-nov-15

but i see you've found the info.

i subscribed to weather.com's api service (didn't pay any money), and about an hour later i recieved what weather.com calls a 'magic key' (a big hexadecimal number). i'm not allowed to share the key and it gives me access to 100 api calls a day, but i couldn't find out how to actually call the api with it. i think the partner id concept is gone.

so maybe that's an option, i.e. if people want to use weather.com, they can apply for a magic key. but i've no idea if i can even use this magic key without paying first.
Probably I will try to write parser for data from web-pages in weather.com site. I need more free time to do so. But I don't have it now

Vlad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
i'm not sure i'd get into the quagmire of web scraping maintenance if i had a choice.

a better idea is to provide a link to the webpage in omweatherwhere people can register for a personal 'magic key' on weather.com, and a text box where they can enter it when it arrives an hour later. then .. job done. no need to worry about web page layout changes etc.

also you could switch to wunderground.com, seems just as accurate as weather.com but more developer friendly.

www.wunderground.com/weather/api

here's how to get a key if youre developing a non commercial app

www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/contact.html

the xbmc forum says that it's now stopped working for them, however omweather is still working for me. interestingly, the new weather.com api isn't available to me as i don't live in the usa, so maybe countries that can't sign up to the new api can still use the old one. but i imagine it's just a matter of time anyway and the clock is ticking.

The Following User Says Thank You to marbleuser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I'm still using 0.22.12 on Diablo.

Sorry. I just like the older version better.

However, there's one file that I remember that can get extremely bloated after awhile and simply needs to be deleted.

I forget which one it is though.

Do you remember vavslad?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I'm still using 0.22.12 on Diablo.

Sorry. I just like the older version better.

However, there's one file that I remember that can get extremely bloated after awhile and simply needs to be deleted.

I forget which one it is though.

Do you remember vavslad?
I forgot it. See a file in directory /tmp.

Please remind me why do you use old version for diablo?

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Please remind me why do you use old version for diablo?
It's just how the graphics all line up perfectly.

The newer versions that I've tried, the current day is raised slightly higher on the screen.

I couldn't find that file in the /tmp folder.

I'll search the forums here in another thread where someone found where it is.

Cheers.

Tags
omweather