Notices

This application has been replaced by http://maemo.org/packages/view/cl-launcher/. Please consider install cl-launcher package instead.

I have uploaded a flashlight application that uses camera shutter (lens cover) to control the flashlight. Initial release, so it could be buggy, not for faint of heart.

More info: http://thecodecentral.com/flashlight...emo-nokia-n900
Attached Images

Last edited by code; 2010-10-12 at 17:44.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to code For This Useful Post:
Quite nice... maybe a button to start fcamera (if installed) as well?

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Great, now it works fine.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Brilliant! That's how a flashlight app should work! Never understood why I have a dozen quick ways to start the camera I might need once a month and everything else I have to find somewhere in menues or home screens.

Originally Posted by haj View Post
Quite nice... maybe a button to start fcamera (if installed) as well?
Actually, could have some kind of a configurable list of apps that can be started (like just a text file with paths to *.desktop files) to not be tied to some certain apps like the default camera and fcamera. Might even be that the default camera gets obsoleted at some point so that button could just be removed then.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
nice, very useful app ! hope it will happen soon in the extra repos.

Question : is it possible now to make videos with leds light on with this app ???

i found this add-on increases my cpu usage to a minimum of 25 percent. using conky i found some xtra processes running even on standby. i removed this add-on for the meantime and my cpu usage is back to 3 to 5 percent on standby. anybody else experiencing the same?

The Following User Says Thank You to bertolt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Is it possible to configure this to give you a choice menu, or make it so that nothing happens on camera lense opening?

Also, I haven't found anything on the camera lens launcher (yes I've searched). How does that compare to this?

- Edit -

I installed Camera Lens Launcher - if anyone's interested, it was originally supposed to be a more customizable version of this, based on what I can tell. HOWEVER: Camera Lens Launcher seems to be very early alpha/beta, and the settings for it crash on me. So the best idea I saw would be to stick with this app if you want lens opening to give you flashlight. I wanted nothing to happen, and that's what Camera Lens Launcher does by default, but as always, extras-devel stuff is a risk one way or the other. I say this app has just as much potential as that one. It's just a matter of which one keeps getting developed, and what options it gives you.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-09-14 at 20:14.

Originally Posted by bertolt View Post
i found this add-on increases my cpu usage to a minimum of 25 percent. using conky i found some xtra processes running even on standby. i removed this add-on for the meantime and my cpu usage is back to 3 to 5 percent on standby. anybody else experiencing the same?
I had the same problem, but for me removing the application did not resolved the problem.
I used to have that at night battery procentage dropped like 5% so now it drops 10%.
And in batterygraph it used to have almoust non activity at night, now there is always some activity as you can see on that picture.
In middle is the point I installed this software.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Really great app, but I too have the CPU eating problem! I'll keep it installed for a few days (and a few reboots) and see if I notice any changes!

I have exact same problem as nux too. Not resolved after uninstall. Please help...