Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
E: seems like a bug. it does not happen if you close the screen while in lockscreen, but if youre in app, appdrawer or events, it will open with volume button.
If i remeber it correctly it is intended behaviour since last update. And I like this feature because you are able to see how loud your actual volume is.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I realise have changed my usage-patterns somewhat from N9 days;
I do not use the power button anymore, ever. (Well, yeah, for cycling the power on the device, obviously, but how often you need to do that?? for example my uptime is 9 days now...)

I always lock the device by swipe from the ceiling, and always open it up with doubletap. On N9 I lived with constant fear of my PWR button giving up the ghost, as had happened to many people so this is really a welkome relief

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
9 days? That's impressive. I have to reboot my Jolla on a daily basis, mainly because of Messages app, which hangs in a state of no usability.
But, yeah, I don't use power button at all, too. I don't even use to reboot, there's an app that does it perfectly.

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
If i remeber it correctly it is intended behaviour since last update. And I like this feature because you are able to see how loud your actual volume is.
Thats so stupid... why not a locked screen with only the volume level? now this is horrible and putting the phone in my pocket after leaving it on a table with mitäkuuluu convo, will likely end up with spamming ramdom **** -.-
its literally stupidest thing ever to have a function where pressing a button goes straight to app bypassing lockscreen completely.

Last edited by parasemic; 2014-02-28 at 13:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@szymeczek34, @juiceme
Unfortunately in current state of Jolla I can not do without the power button:
- while locking by swiping down from top is great(and natural in a gesture based UI), it has at least 2 shortcomings:
a) when holding the device with one hand it is quite hard to reach the top and perform the lock gesture
and
b) when you are using an application(e.g. Twitter) swiping from top will close it, so you have to swipe from the side, then swipe from top lock screen. Instead you can do just a simple key press.
- I envy the stability you have with your Jolla: since 1.0.3.8 I barely get 2 days of uptime, due to random reboots&shutdowns(and no - I do not use Android apps, I even do not have Alien Dalvik installed).

So I can't see power button going out of use for me anytime soon. Actually in 2 months I have rebooted my Jolla more than my N9 in 2 years. Hope that upcoming 1.0.4.x will change this.

Last edited by zlatko; 2014-02-28 at 13:57.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Latest update gave a huge stability improvement to my phone. My uptime right now is +20days and had no problems whatsoever. I use android apps occasionally and my daily usage is somewhat normal. Now as I'm thinking of it, stability improved soon after I disabled wlan and started using 3g only.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
@zlatko, You have either broken SW or broken HW on your device, as your stability experience is so different from mine or @late88's.

Have you tried to restore the device to factory settings and then re-upgrading it to 1.0.3.8 ?
Unfortunately AFAIK you have to go from one upgrade to next in steps, there is currently no way of directly upgrading your device from the fatory-clean state to the latest SW level.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@juiceme
Reason might be not clear, but random shutdowns and reboots are definitely a common issue with Jolla. You can see many users affected here: https://together.jolla.com/question/...ly-shuts-down/
And Jolla team is aware that this is plaguing the device, some fixes pushed already in coming release.
All started for me after 1.0.3.8, until then it was pretty much fine. Lets wait and see what comes next For me resetting is the final option, you better try to find the culprit because if you had it once, most probably it will appear again.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Protip!

Dont take your phone with you to the bars.

Otherwise you might end up with a bent phone and a stuck powerbutton.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elyos For This Useful Post:
Update to my experiences;

Now I had the first time my Jolla went to reboot-loop
So I do believe it is possible. I guess I was just lucky before as I never experienced this before.

Now I guess I have to go the system-restore way... If only I could get my SMS'es saved before I clean the device. (just about the only thing there I have not got a current backup on, bummer... Also I might have some recent contacts there that are unsaved...) I'll have to look into that.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience