Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
I installed the security update. Nevertheless I cannot access to ovi store any more: I am said to install the security update.
That's more usually due to user agent checks failing. Are you using anything that's hiding/faking the user agent string in the browser?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...
Have just installed this update. Is there any list of changes for this update? Is it only changing certificates, or something else too?
What's curious, I don't see "21.2011.38-1" at
http://maemo.org/packages/view/mp-fremantle-generic-pr/
The only changes are blacklisting of the DigiNotar SSL certificates, and updates to the Certificate Manager app to allow it to indicate blacklisted certificates.

I chose ignore when the update first arrived as I wanted to check it out first. Now if I scan for updates it doesn't re-appear. Is there a way to re-enable the update?

Thanks

No one ansered to me: is anyone able to go to the OVI store?
I am redirected to the following site:
http://swipe.nokia.com/ovi-store-promo/
But the software is updated.,

Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
No one ansered to me: is anyone able to go to the OVI store?
I am redirected to the following site:
http://swipe.nokia.com/ovi-store-promo/
But the software is updated.,
this is the address I have on my phone

"http://store.ovi.mobi/content/170329?pos=2&clicksource=homepage

Last edited by tangigi; 2011-11-18 at 04:29.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ brasil
i´ve made the update (for me is the 21.2011.38-1.002 - i´m from Brazil).
no issues for me. Stil can access ovi store, in fact the phone seems to be a little more responsive, but it must be me
I don´t use CSSU.

The Following User Says Thank You to pplo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Bangkok
Can anyone can conclusion for should or shouldn't install?

Thank for ur help

Immediately upon applying the security patch, I started to experience what I can only describe as "UI lockups." Especially in the email application, but also from the home screen, my N900 would become unresponsive for 20 seconds to 30 seconds, giving no feedback whatsoever (not even to say that I had tapped the screen) and then suddenly work like nothing had happened.

I was finally ready to post a question about it, not having found any other reports (I have searched!) when it seemed to stop happening, but it has started, again.

I have not "hacked" my N900 in any way. I do run "cpumem-applet" to keep an eye on processor and memory utilization; however, it provides no feedback during the UI freezes because, well, the UI is frozen!

Has anyone else experienced this? If not, I guess that it is just a coincidence, but, if so, a mighty big one. I had never experienced this "freezing" before the patch.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by phumphries View Post
Has anyone else experienced this? If not, I guess that it is just a coincidence, but, if so, a mighty big one. I had never experienced this "freezing" before the patch.
If there is a problem with the update, I don't think it is widespread. Certainly, I'm running a stock N900, and have had no "freezing" problems either before or after applying the security update. The only issue that seemed to crop up at the time of the update was with assisted GPS, and it appears that was a problem with the nokia "supl" server. (Owners of the N9 seemed to have A-GPS problems around the same time.)

I suspect the issue you're having is at least not directly associated with the update...

Hi All, Greetings!!

I am a newbie and I like to share my view over this update. I have installed this update through PC and installed CSSU too. I have problems installing Catorise.. Is there anyone who had the same problem and got it resolved. please see my log below from XTERM. I understand Catorise is still in Extras-Devel repository. But its really a must app...

apt-get install catorise
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
catorise is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up catorise (0.9.0) ...
Can't locate Locale/gettext.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/catorise/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /opt/catorise/catorise line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/catorise/catorise line 12.
dpkg: error processing catorise (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
catorise
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Tags
maemo, update