Notices

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by thp View Post
I tried to download it, but it was too big to be downloaded in a realistic timeframe, and now it does not seem to let me re-download it :/
Sprend only allows one download. I'll send it again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Strutten For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
Sprend only allows one download. I'll send it again.
MP3Diags shows me that there are multiple streams in that file - maybe that's the reason why GStreamer can't handle seeking correctly?

Please try the following:

Code:
mpg123 -w /dev/stdout infile.mp3 | oggenc - -o outfile.ogg
After that, try to play the OGG file in Panucci and see if you can reproduce that problem. This is a lossy conversion, but it should not matter that much with spoken word audiobooks.

Hi. Playing podcasts downloaded with gPodder through Panucci.

Panucci isn't displaying the podcasts cover art, even though it appears within gPodder and Media Player.

I am running:

gPodder 2.5-1
Panucci 0.3.13

Using 03.2010.02-8.203.1

Both potentially awesome bits of software!

Paul.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Running v0.3.13 on my N900, mainly as a player for gPodder as it resumes properly unlike the default player (so many thanks for that) and I've come across a couple of issues:

1. The "About" doesn't do anything
2. The option for "Automatic", "Landscape", "Portrait" doesn't save and always resets to "Landscape"
3. Sometimes if the cover art is too large, it covers the progress bar

Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
1. The "About" doesn't do anything
This is a known bug, although I can't reproduce it on my device. Please subscribe to this bug report to get updated and share your input in case I have further questions to affected users:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10047

2. The option for "Automatic", "Landscape", "Portrait" doesn't save and always resets to "Landscape"
Yes, that's a known problem. I'm currently working hard on getting the source code up to speed again (and to support some more advanced gpodder.net-related functions and "position awareness" inside gPodder), but this could take a while, as the Maemo 5 is based on Panucci 0.3 (it's like a fork at the moment, although the maintainer for both "forks" is the same).

Repository for the development version: http://repo.or.cz/w/panucci.git

What this means is that work on the 0.3.x branch is mostly stopped - I'll probably fix some issues that are in the current 0.3.13 release, but other than that, I'm working hard on getting the next release out. It will take some time to "forward-port" the Maemo 5 specific changes to the new codebase, although I'm actively testing the new version (from the Git repo) on my N900 already

3. Sometimes if the cover art is too large, it covers the progress bar
This should also be fixed in a future version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I'll file this on bugs.maemo.org if I remember, but I thought I would just mention that I found that Panucci won't play files with a "#" in the filename.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
After installing 1.2 I've experienced a bug in Panucci. I have set it to always be in landscape, but that setting works as the automatic setting, with Panucci changing orientation at every tilt. To set it to portait works, and so does automatic. It's only landscape that doesn't work.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Strutten, I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. Strangely there are basically no mentions about it... googled and this is the first post I found any info, unfortunately no solution hopefully this will get solved soon, because it's really annoying...

Originally Posted by SadiaV View Post
Strutten, I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. Strangely there are basically no mentions about it... googled and this is the first post I found any info, unfortunately no solution hopefully this will get solved soon, because it's really annoying...
And I have now noticed that the same problem exists in Gpodder after 1.2.

Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
After installing 1.2 I've experienced a bug in Panucci. I have set it to always be in landscape, but that setting works as the automatic setting, with Panucci changing orientation at every tilt. To set it to portait works, and so does automatic. It's only landscape that doesn't work.
This is a bug. Please report it at http://bugs.maemo.org/ where it can easily be seen by the developers when they are working on the project - thanks!

Tags
barbiestrsand