Active Topics

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by _invisible_ View Post
tiley=2147483644
Thanks for your report. This shows that value of tilex and tiley can go way out of range due to some bug. If you are able to reproduce this issue it would be very helpful to put some info about it here. Currently I have no idea how to reproduce this.

Because this is not the first time I see a user with this issue and the reason for this bug still remains unknown I will simply remove the bug outcome in next release. I will limit those values to valid range during config file load so next time it will be enough to restart the app after this bug occurs.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
Thanks for your report. This shows that value of tilex and tiley can go way out of range due to some bug. If you are able to reproduce this issue it would be very helpful to put some info about it here. Currently I have no idea how to reproduce this.

Because this is not the first time I see a user with this issue and the reason for this bug still remains unknown I will simply remove the bug outcome in next release. I will limit those values to valid range during config file load so next time it will be enough to restart the app after this bug occurs.
I will try to reproduce and if i have success i will post here what i did exactly.
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to _invisible_ For This Useful Post:
A little progress update. I have uploaded a quick and dirty made video () in which you can see how a few of newly developed features for N9 will look like, including:
- new onscreen menu,
- changing map provider,
- new popup menu,
- multitouch support,
- compass support.

Work still need to be done for onscreen keyboard and some settings menu.

After N9 release I plan to work on N900 release too.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
@dwaradzyn
hey man.... what can i say.... LOOKS REALLY GREAT!!!

PS.
waiting your N900's release ...wishing you could release it just before someone offers you a job in n a v i g o or t o m t o m software house....

Last edited by xes; 2011-11-14 at 10:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
wow the N9 version looks epic. but i think there needs to be a way to change 2D/3D on the map view without having to go to settings. mayne ot can replace the zoom slider as cloudgpsN9 version has pinch zoom and rotate ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Keferen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Keferen View Post
wow the N9 version looks epic. but i think there needs to be a way to change 2D/3D on the map view without having to go to settings. mayne ot can replace the zoom slider as cloudgpsN9 version has pinch zoom and rotate ?
You can change zoom to desired level very quickly using onscreen buttons and zoom slider. I would rather leave this useful feature as it is.

I was concerned about removing 3D button from main screen also. But in practice you can enter menu and toggle 3D mode very quickly (do not have to wait for the animation to be finished - the menu also works during the animation). It takes a quick "tap tap" to toggle 3D in a fraction of second.

I am also considering adding new gestures: two fingers swipe down to enter 3D mode and two fingers swipe up to enter 2D. What that be OK?

...impatience is a bad disease..... but curiosity maybe worse!!

Any news for the N900's lovers?

I'm impressed!

The Following User Says Thank You to pskoczylas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
...impatience is a bad disease..... but curiosity maybe worse!!

Any news for the N900's lovers?
I do not have much news to share... I really hope that after a week full of work I will have strengths to finish all tasks necessary to make a release to OVI store for N9 by the end of this weekend.

Provided that I am successful at this I will start working on N900 release next weekend. The porting should be fairly easy, so I will hopefully be able to release 0.6.X for N900 by 27th this month. But I presume that some aspects will be not very smooth on N900 in first release.

Next steps will include optimising the menu and route handling and adding tracking capabilities (by this I mean recording your GPS movement as a track, importing tracks from file). After that is done simultaneous releases for N900 and N9 are planned with new features.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Little progress report: VKB is almost done. It is not using system VKB but instead it is an implementation from scratch. It looks like this:

There is also support for other layouts and national characters:

And the config for layout looks like this:
Code:
{
   "layouts":[
      {
         "name":"English",
         "abbreviation":"EN",
         "lowercaseChars":[
            "qwertyuiop",
            "asdfghjkl",
            "zxcvbnm",
            ", ."
         ],
         "uppercaseChars":[
            "QWERTYUIOP",
            "ASDFGHJKL",
            "ZXCVBNM",
            ", ."
         ],
         "alternateLowercaseChars":[
            "~@#123_%()",
            "&$456+:;\"",
            "!7890/?",
            "- '"
         ],
         "alternateUppercaseChars":[
            "~@#123_%()",
            "&$456+:;\"",
            "!7890/?",
            "- '"
         ]
      },
      {
         "name":"Polish",
         "abbreviation":"PL",
         "lowercaseChars":[
            "qwertyuiop",
            "asdfghjkl",
            "zxcvbnm",
            ", ."
         ],
         "uppercaseChars":[
            "QWERTYUIOP",
            "ASDFGHJKL",
            "ZXCVBNM",
            ", ."
         ],
         "alternateLowercaseChars":[
            "  ę     ó ",
            "ąś      ł",
            "żźć  ń ",
            "- '"
         ],
         "alternateUppercaseChars":[
            "  Ę     Ó ",
            "ĄŚ      Ł",
            "ŻŹĆ  Ń ",
            "- '"
         ]
      }
   ]
}
I hope it is easy enough to figure out how the format works. Would you care providing layouts for other languages (not necessary in the format presented above - I can do the conversion)?

Thanks in advance.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:

Tags
best gps app