Oooh.... and its not all:

1) 3G connectivity issue
2) Touch Screen unresponsiveness/sensing incorrect input
3) unresponsive trackball
4) WIFI connectivity issue
5) Lock button response issue
6) Proximity sensor sensitivity issue
7) Ambient light sensor issue
8)bluetooth issues: fails to operate; inadequate volume; intermittent failure to accept commands
9) speaker: horrible sound quality
10) ringer: insufficient volume
11) earpiece: insufficient volume
12) headset connector: headphones cord activates pause or other functions
13) manufacturer says phone cannot go in pocket
14) Phone mutes when calling people and can only be unmuted by turning mute on then off!
15) missed call notification trackball does not flash
http://phandroid.com/2010/04/08/nexu...p-with-issues/
Just dumped N900 after 6 months and embraced HTC EVO. love it!! I recommend this for all N900 lovers. Try it
Attached Images

Last edited by Foodie N900; 2010-06-20 at 21:01.

Originally Posted by Foodie N900 View Post
Just dumped N900 after 6 months and embraced HTC EVO. love it!! I recommend this for all N900 lovers. Try it
Switch to CDMA just for the EVO?

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Switch to CDMA just for the EVO?
Yep. Love my email client.

Yep. Love my email client.
I love mine too. CDMA is too "can't use outside America" for me

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
If data roaming fees were not such a money landmine, the cdma/gsm issue would be a real issue. Since Android is a money pit when roaming internationally, who is nuts enough to take their Android anyways?

Not to mention the fact that most people at most, would spend two weeks out of the country, why worry about the radio type? All I know is Verizon has 3G in many areas Tmo and Att get no signal- especially Tmo.

CDMA and its 3g will be fine for me until LTE is launched

I know a lot of folks love their N900, but for me, the Incredible is a much better smartphone and internet device. Flash content is covered more, due to Flash 10.1.

Added: Even the video codec advantage the N900 has is eroding, since divx and xvid now play just as good on the Inc. N900 still kicks the Inc's butt for sound quality- extra built in memory is always nice too

"Beer", it's what's for dinner.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
If data roaming fees were not such a money landmine, the cdma/gsm issue would be a real issue. Since Android is a money pit when roaming internationally, who is nuts enough to take their Android anyways?

Not to mention the fact that most people at most, would spend two weeks out if the country, why worry about the radio type? All I know is Verizon has 3G in many areas Tmo and Att get no signal- especially Tmo.

CDMA and its 3g will be fine for me until LTE is launched

Some people spend more than two weeks outside the country. I'd rather use my British sim when I'm in England instead of roaming

I use my N900 for trips to England and get a one month plan with international activated and then cancel when I return. I still have my G1 too, but would NEVER take it out of the US. Too many data roaming fee horror stories. Apps can be aggressive and reactivate data, even when turned off. No problem when not out of the US.

Except that:
- It has no internal memory beyond the main flash chip storing the OS
- No hardware keyboard
- It runs Android, which I explicitly avoided
- It's CDMA (and only on Sprint)

I'll hold out with my N900 until something like it comes along, and Android won't ever fit the bill.

Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
I cant help it.. It is a pity that h3llraz0r is not here anymore but I hope he is burning in hell with his Android phone:

"the touchscreen sensor is inconsistent, particularly when the phone isn't grounded."
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/h...sponsive-scre/

"we're seeing plenty of reports from folks having issues with the lower portions of their screens"
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/13/h...ration-issues/

"ooks like someone at Google should fast forward those Nexus One design videos to the radio integration portion and figure out what went wrong, because it seems like the 3G coverage problem still hasn't been fixed, even after that last big OTA update"
http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/11/n...-a-design-pro/

For all of you trolls out there, Like maradona said:
"Tengo memoria. Al que no creía, a los que no creyeron, con perdón de las damas, que la chupen y que la siguen chupando. "
What!! there's another sucky phone out there that doesn't do all that's expected of it? Nokia aren't the only ones?

this is amazing news.

Guess we should all be happy with what we got, stop complaining and settle for mediocrity then..........

Originally Posted by Freemantle View Post
What!! there's another sucky phone out there that doesn't do all that's expected of it? Nokia aren't the only ones?

this is amazing news.

Guess we should all be happy with what we got, stop complaining and settle for mediocrity then..........

N900 was the closest to any device for getting it almost right with the hardware. For geeks- N900 still rocks, but for consumers and smartphone users used to better device integration, Maemo is weaker than Android. Even the performance advantages are gone now, with 2.2.

Funny, when I retired the N900 as a phone, due to the weak 2G radio, I used it as a netbook, media player and MAME device.

Now that less and less Flash sites work with the N900 and almost all work with my Inc, I went to using the N900 as just a media and MAME device. My utility with the N900 is now just those functions. In fact, it is now always in airplane mode.. Added (this helps, big-time with battery life )

Oh well, tech changes every few months now, so NO device will stay in favor beyond about a year- anyways

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-06-21 at 16:29.

Tags
fanboy alert, this is so sad, troll