Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^ Wot... where?
Don't talk like that, you're going to give me a coronary.
Chuck usually get these toys month before we mortal...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
That's absolutely irrelevant to the conversation. We're commenting on Nokia's failure to delivery promised updates and software. Similarly, I could say that I've used Adobe Flash 10.3 on my Android devices (ALL of them) quite some times... not MY problem that people can't leave their N900 to get more secure and up-to-date software.

Why not? It's true. Hell, my Motorola Droid (original) is still getting Adobe Flash updates EVEN with the current stock firmware--and that came out at about the same time as the N900. My Galaxy Tab is nearing a year soon--still getting updated software. Even the Color Nook gets updated Flash--and that's a freaking eReader tablet produced by a mere BOOKSTORE chain. Would you like me to take screenshots to show you which versions of Flash I'm running on my devices? ...or I can just type them to you if you'd like. What kind of support did Nokia promise along the way with each of these devices? What kind of support did they deliver? From what I saw, they over-promised each time.. and drastically under-delivered. Why are you so afraid of the mere mention of better support elsewhere? It's ponderous how much fear you're displaying--granted, you have to move off of Nokia to get something with better support these days, but you seem overly fearful of the mere mention. Getting back to the original point: I wouldn't buy anything from Nokia based on promised features, software or updates. Buy it ONLY if it delivers what you want at the time it's released because anything afterwards is just lucky bonuses, based on their history.
Fear what you dont get my point thats the problem.And about droid was this phone actuallöy released 2009!? AFAIK HTC magic is not supported with latest android version.

Personally I dont give a **** if the reest of the world goes Android.. I just want "open as possible" alternatives to Android. Just make me wonder whoom is most affraid?

But if everyone thinks like you and over and over talks about how Android is "sooo good" it ends same way as with Microsoft in the 90:s means there will be no alternatives.

Personally I prefer what I want not what the masses says I shall use.

The reason I disagree with you point is the facts that you and others over and over again says Nokia N9 will not be supported blablabla and I disagree on this for several reasons.

I dont want to repeat it again just read my old posts and stop this bullish about fear.

We all disagree with Nokia but give atleast N9 a chance as an open alternative to android! I dont mind discuss drawbacks with N9 but spreading FUD and bullish statements about dead device when NO ONE actually can be sure, its just pointless. We all know that Nokia sucks. But should we blame engineers working with a possible great device like N9 for this!? People who actually WANT to be as open as possible, even if the bosses inside Nokia is disagree and stupid asholes?

No, I prefer to NOT help MrFlop to kill N9.

But its seems more like your android is fearing this and thats why I is seen as a naive "fanboy" which is totally baseless ********.

So my point is I like Qt(Quick) I like Debian based dist like Meego Harmattan and I am sure the geeks can make N9 as an cool alternative to the open Android community even if we will be fewer people.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
This is not the case. Even with Qt Components, there are several components that are specific to either Symbian or Meego-Harmattan. The workload is reduced, but unless your application is 'hello world', it's not as simple as clicking a button.

Some examples:

1. PageStackWindow component not available in Symbian.

2. Label component not available in Symbian

3. InfoBanner component has different methods in Symbian than the Meego-Harmattan equivalent.

4. Sheet component not available in Symbian.

5. Dialog component layout/behaviour is different in Symbian than in Meego-Harmattan.

6. MultiSelectionDialog component not available in Symbian.

7. ListItem component not available in Meego-Harmattan.

8. ListItemText component not available in Meego-Harmattan.

9. ToolIcon component not available in Symbian.

10. Available icons for ToolButton/ToolIcon differ between the two platforms.

11. TabBar component not available in Meego-Harmattan.

12. SelectionListItem component not available in Meego-Harmattan.
This has been discussed at developer.forum.com and bugs nokia.com. My guess is they will soon merge.

soo this is not a big thing.

Just look at the history of making apps in Symbian vs N900 and Gtk+ it was A WAYYYYY bigger headache.

I remember trying make apps for S60 hell what a mess.

Now atleast the core is the same difference is some of the UI.

and btw. those components is opensource so they can very well be added as "extras" untill they fully merges.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-09-02 at 17:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Fear what you dont get my point thats the problem.And about droid was this phone actuallöy released 2009!? AFAIK HTC magic is not supported with latest android version.

Personally I dont give a **** if the reest of the world goes Android.. I just want "open as possible" alternatives to Android. Just make me wonder whoom is most affraid?

But if everyone thinks like you and over and over talks about how Android is "sooo good" it ends same way as with Microsoft in the 90:s means there will be no alternatives.

Personally I prefer what I want not what the masses says I shall use.

The reason I disagree with you point is the facts that you and others over and over again says Nokia N9 will not be supported blablabla and I disagree on this for several reasons.

I dont want to repeat it again just read my old posts and stop this bullish about fear.

We all disagree with Nokia but give atleast N9 a chance as an open alternative to android! I dont mind discuss drawbacks with N9 but spreading FUD and bullish statements about dead device when NO ONE actually can be sure, its just pointless. We all know that Nokia sucks. But should we blame engineers working with a possible great device like N9 for this!? People who actually WANT to be as open as possible, even if the bosses inside Nokia is disagree and stupid asholes?

No, I prefer to NOT help MrFlop to kill N9.

But its seems more like your android is fearing this and thats why I is seen as a naive "fanboy" which is totally baseless ********.

So my point is I like Qt(Quick) I like Debian based dist like Meego Harmattan and I am sure the geeks can make N9 as an cool alternative to the open Android community even if we will be fewer people.
Danramos is nothing but a common android fanboy. He has no idea of what is cool.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ericsson is nothing but a common bada fanboy. He has no idea of what is cool.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^ Wot... where?
Don't talk like that, you're going to give me a coronary.

Pricing thoughts
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...5543&p=33#r654
Wait 2 months. It will be 40% less. Look at N8 and E7 prices. You can get them for $350 US dollars from amazon.com

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Ericsson is nothing but a common bada fanboy. He has no idea of what is cool.
Ericsson thinks clearer than most of you on this board

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Ericsson thinks clearer than most of you on this board
Yeah. His thoughts are clearly bollox.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
An electronics store worker posted to a Finnish tech site forums today, that they just got two demo units of N9. Sales begin this month.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
You're comparing apples to oranges. NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF CELL PHONES HAVE USERS EVER HAD TO PAY FOR THEIR SPECIFIC LANGUAGE. This isn't about Office 2010. The two models aren't even remotely similar. One is a company's software with which they have a stranglehold on all other competitors (and consumers). The other is AN INDUSTRY STANDARD.
I think also that it's impossible they will sell some lnguages. But there is a remote possibility that certain languages are not on board, like Italian in my case and this because the device will not be released in my country.

The Following User Says Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????