info removed due to generating negative impression on board members

Last edited by Jaco2k; 2010-09-05 at 14:16. Reason: post did not meet the board rules

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaco2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Your topic is misleading, you can't use the inbuilt GPS with NITdroid and it's unlikely to happen in the near future. Can you mention bluetooth in your topic so people actually know the rather pointless message you're attempting to spread ..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Your topic is misleading, you can't use the inbuilt GPS with NITdroid and it's unlikely to happen in the near future. Can you mention bluetooth in your topic so people actually know the rather pointless message you're attempting to spread ..
actually, this is great news. I have a couple of bt gps'es that I used for the N800. Now I can use them and google maps (if i ever will find it in the total mess called android market)

I wasn't discounting the value of the post, but he's being deliberately misleading in his topic ...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
On a sidenote, wasn't the majority of nitdroid discussions moved to the nitdroid forums?

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
It would be nice, get rid of some of the polution in this forum.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
yep forum.nitdroid.com please, this post will get closed soon

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
On a sidenote, wasn't the majority of nitdroid discussions moved to the nitdroid forums?
I imagine this must have been discussed by you guys off this board somewhere however, for us folk in the cheap seats, could you please explain what relationship these other forums you speak of have with maemo.org?

I don't see any "nitroid forums" >> HERE <<
and a scan of our Community forum does not show why these threads you speak of were moved.

I hope I'm not beeing seen as being difficult here. It's just that I am in these forums most every day and become involved in many topics in order to provide whatever help or support I can give to my fellow members.

In my replies I do not want to look like more of an *** than I sometimes already do but in my effort to minimize this, I don't want to appear too stupid.

Could you offer some insight into what motivated your sidenote and perhaps point to where these decisions were made and the discussions that led up to them if they in fact were.

You are right, these threads are no longer here and I have no idea why or how they were moved other than another "sidenote" from a mod in another thread. Perhaps others are just as clueless as well.

Asking us to respond to what I assume is a rhetorical question is kind of like a shepherd cutting the throat of a sheep in front of the whole flock. The other sheep may not know why he did what he did but it does get their attention and it then makes herding the remaining sheep a lot easier for some reason.

SLN member # 009

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
they were moved as we had 2 huge thread in this very forum that were just getting filled with mostly useless junk, moved them to the nitdrodi forums purely as its easier to keep this organised their and its more tailored layout for nitdroid itself

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Some people disagreed with the move and posted their opinions, but it appeared to me that the decision was made before they posted.

The fact is we appreciate the Nitdroid programmers immensely, but that doesn't mean we necessarily agree with the move.

When I posted questions about the move, I was basically told that I should have posted them privately. I felt that I was being told that the move was none of my durned business -- after all, I'm just a regular person, not a developer or a moderator, both of which have licences to kill (threads).

Tags
btgps, nitdroid