I hope this is the right place for this.

I decided that the Noreve Tradition case seems the best bet for cushioning ability as the N900 will no doubt slip repeatedly from my buttery fingers and I'd like it to last a few years (don't tell me that's asking too much).

However, the Noreve web site's shopping cart refuses to work for me. Does it need flash or something weird to work? I'm using Firefox with everything (NoScript, ABP, etc) and have opened up the site but it still doesn't work--the only thing missing is flash, which I've deliberately not installed. Sending a CC over flash seems like asking for trouble if that's what it takes...

Anyway, I've sent a mail in the comment field (no phone number, so typical of online sellers these days) and hopefully will have something back on Monday unless one of you can tell me what I'm doing wrong, if anything.

As an alternative, what other case is as (seemingly) cushiony as this one? Most all of the other cases I've seen come under one of these two catagories:

1. You have to pull it out, exposing it naked and ready to take damage.

2. The "skins" which protect against scratches but not droppage; also the screen is fully exposed to impact.

The other cases that look like this Noreve--the PDair and I think one more--don't look built quite as well. Again, I'm looking mainly for protection from impact: a screen protector can protect against scratches just fine, and who cares if the rest of the case gets a scratch or not (outside the camera)? But everything I've read tells me the surface-mount soldering job on the board in this thing is not very good and there is also no built-in impact protection from several G's of impact. I've had neoprene cases before that offer pretty awesome protection, but the only one I found was Proporta's and it's actually more of a generic pouch case.

I'm also located in the SW USA (Phoenix) if you have a recommendation for dealers here.

Thanks for any and all help!

Mike

Yep you need Flash for the Noreve website. I've never had a problem with security there, but there is a first time for everything. My N900 is as new from December last year using a Noreve case. They are awesome products. They will add bulk to your N900 though. I really can't recommend them enough.

Noreve cases have been wrapped around an N95,an N97 my wife's X6 and my sister-in-laws BB Bold. All fit properly, look good (and remain looking good) and most importantly offer excellent protection.

Thanks for the reply, Dynomot. Bulk is not a problem, in fact it's exactly what I want, as I said: lots of cushioning from impacts.

Between writing that and this reply I went looking for more neoprene cases. I was hoping to find one like I had for my old Motorola/Nextel i95cl flip phone. That case, "made" by Body Glove, was incredibly bulky but nothing ever happened to that phone--in fact, it would bounce slightly when it hit something. A wonderful case! Alas, the only similar cases I can find are all pouches of one sort or another, though a sports band one looked interesting--even though you still have to pull it out to use it.

As for Noreve, let me see about the reply that comes back. It's really too bad that the USA distributor went belly-up, but unless something better magically comes along I think I'll be getting that Noreve case one way or another.

One thing is for sure: I'm scared of taking my N900 too far anywhere until I get it into a case! Whenever I go out, I'm still using my 4-year-old (a record!) Motorola V3xx its replacing.

Now to just decide how to extend the life of that USB port (Filing off the tabs? Epoxying the connector? Leaving it to Nokia when it does eventually fail?) and I think I'm all set!