Active Topics

Ok tks for your hard work after flash zip sfdroid pre alpha 3 its more stable and black screen goes out , i play around 30 minutes and everything is fine tks a lot

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wganis For This Useful Post:
My only issue is that the internet breaks since android thinks its offline so it tells everything else its offline and they believe it, only a reboot seems to fix this but if I go offline again it would never recognise being online

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
My only issue is that the internet breaks since android thinks its offline so it tells everything else its offline and they believe it, only a reboot seems to fix this but if I go offline again it would never recognise being online
when does it think it's offline?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
You can also run 'pkill zygote' as root inside sfdroid instead of rebooting the device.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
This is the same bug jellyroll mentioned earlier, and seems to come out if you manually disable all data or a handoff isn't quick enough. I suspect it's across all sfdroid 12.1 devices (like mako), but not yet confirmed.

I can always cause the bug by disabling all network, opening sfdroid, and upon re-enable sfdroid still doesn't have network.

Thank you for testing and reporting.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
This is great!
Thanks for the hard work and effort.
I managed to get 12.1 working with sfdroid, but needed a second attempt.

After first attempt, i tried to start sfdroid and only had the Android Bootanimation with 60-80% cpu usage indefinetly.

I tried all over again, this time wiping all cache and data, then doing the exact same procedure successfully.

It would be really cool if GPS would work one day.
My main usage of Alien Dalvik on Jolla is navigation.
Waze and Here Maps are running perfectly already on sfdroid.

EDIT:
Here is a log of a crash when tapping on the wifi selector field in shortcuts pulldown menue.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-24 at 20:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
This is great!
Thanks for the hard work and effort.
I managed to get 12.1 working with sfdroid, but needed a second attempt.

After first attempt, i tried to start sfdroid and only had the Android Bootanimation with 60-80% cpu usage indefinetly.

I tried all over again, this time wiping all cache and data, then doing the exact same procedure successfully.

EDIT:
Here is a log of a crash when tapping on the wifi selector field in shortcuts pulldown menue.
Thank you for the logcat. Those quick settings tiles should probably get removed as long as we keep systemui. I checked wifi in settings to ensure it wouldn't open or crash, didn't check the tile.

The first flash, did you flash on top of a previous sfos installation? If so, a full wipe is required (I'll need to clarify in topic). If not and this happens to anyone else, please get a logcat so we can clear up issues like this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Oh, i was not aware you would be interested in my noobish first attempts fail-log. i made a log but discarded when 2nd attempt worked...
yes, i had cm11 and saimaa running without sfdroid and multiboot and did not wipe, only "full flash" procedure as discribed.
Going to replicated it, my nexus5 is for pure fun and testing anyway until gps works, chr chr.

Maybe the discription could be updated with where to best store the flash files so they persist wiping the data?
I ended up placing them in /firmware without mounting it.
Worked after some needed trial and error because i had no USB-OTG adapter.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

+1 i also wait for gps because of waze

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frullewulle For This Useful Post:
Oh, i was not aware you would be interested in my noobish first attempts fail-log. i made a log but discarded when 2nd attempt worked...
yes, i had cm11 and saimaa running without sfdroid and multiboot and did not wipe, only "full flash" procedure as discribed.
Going to replicated it, my nexus5 is for pure fun and testing anyway until gps works, chr chr.

Maybe the discription could be updated with where to best store the flash files so they persist wiping the data?
I ended up placing them in /firmware without mounting it.
Worked after some needed trial and error because i had no USB-OTG adapter.
/android/media/0/ points to sdcard (internal storage), as do the "Android" symlinks in places like ~/Music and ~/Downloads. I'll add info to OP.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone willing to test an OTA to 2.0.2.48? Please note we're still dealing with a dbus issue that will make the installing of packages take around two hours.. I have a plan to debug this later that requires a rebuild of dbus (all we know now is that it hangs during refreshing dbus configuration, but eventually succeeds).

This is also unofficial currently due to 2.0.2.48 being an "early access" release. However, it gives us a chance to get good feedback.
Code:
RELEASE=2.0.2.48
ssu release $RELEASE
devel-su sed -i -e 's#^adaptation=.*$#adaptation=http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:/RealJohnGalt:/testing:/hammerhead/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/#' \
/usr/share/ssu/repos.ini
ssu dr mw
ssu ar mw http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/common/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/
ssu er mw
ssu lr
# ^ Save output of this command somewhere in case you have issues with the update
devel-su zypper clean -a
devel-su zypper ref -f

version --dup
# if above fails, try again
version --dup

sync
reboot
Post-install notes:
- You may need to reboot 2-3 times for fully functional radio afterward.
- A sfdroid reflash may also be required (just flash on top and reboot, not a big deal).
- If you're using 1.82 pixel_ratio, run the following after rebooting:
Code:
devel-su rm -rf /usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/meegotouch/z1.82
devel-su ./kimmoli-diyicons.sh 1.82
Despite telling BluesLee to expect a new image today, I'm holding off on doing a 2.0.2.48 flashable image until the cm12.1 project for our device moves out of a home subproject and into the proper nemo:devel:hw:lge:hammerhead subproject. This saves one build between now and official. Also by the official build, we might have the dbus issue fixed.

Re: sfdroid, we're very close to proper audio on hammerhead when I get a chance.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid