Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Focusing on the functions and the feeling it's a lot better.
But it's still crashing every now and then...
Which is not at all uncommon for Mobile Maps either. It also crashes every now and then. )

Still, will AURA work on MeeGo DE ?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I'm not the developer.
I have the app because I have very good contacts to Sygic and I'm testing beta software for them. I hope the good contact remains after this video.. (I haven't asked...) O.o
Will it work on MeeGo DE? Does unpackaging a .deb work in MeeGo DE? If not Sygic will repackage it, at least for internal tests.
Can I distribute it? Hell no!

edit: why it won't be released for maemo? Too little potential _customers_ (not userbase!) and MeeGo is just some months away...

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-04-11 at 21:08.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
And i guess the licences for 9 and 10 are invald when it Comes to aura. anyways Thank you for the video.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Thanks for the video. It does show AURA running on Maemo though..

If they are developing this for MeeGo, why can't it be ported to Maemo as well?

I'm not a programmer but correct me if i'm wrong, both MeeGo and Maemo run Qt, do they not?

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Since it was running on an n900 (with Maemo), they don't need to port it, they already have it but will not release it. Typical for commercial stuff...

If you need another reminder why you shouldn't sponsor companies like Sygic, this is one.

I'm glad I donated for modRana and didn't give one cent to these *****

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Looks awesome, pity about no maemo support but if the meego phone does come out and its as good as we are all hoping then I guess its not a problem.

Sygic has been great on my N900 so can only assume Aura is as good or better than sygic 10.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
edit: why it won't be released for maemo? Too little potential _customers_ (not userbase!) and MeeGo is just some months away...
How many customers will it take for Sygic to release Aura for the n900?
I've bought SMM 9 and I would definitely buy Aura.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
sad that genuine sadness, AURA for Maemo in beta mode, letting us know that we will not have available .. that hurts

Sygic did say on there site that they would phasing out Mobile Maps and rolling out Aura to all OS's excluding Maemo. there focusing on Meego which makes sense.. would b pointless releasing it for Maemo when it's officially a 'dead' OS

The Following User Says Thank You to nology For This Useful Post:
also I'm pretty sure I read that it's gonna be a free upgrade for MM10 customers. although I'm not sure what they think of upgrading Maemo MM customers to Meego Aura.

Tags
buysomethinelse, goodbye nokia