Hi folks,

Sorry if this is supposed to be pretty straightforward, but:

I'm writing an augmented reality (sort of) app for the N900, which I plan to submit to the Ovi Store. It uses Qt for the UI, OpenCV for image processing, and tesseract for OCR. Now, I'm not exactly in possession of an N900 at the moment, plus this is my first serious app. I'm using a friend's N900 to test my app whenever it is available (which isn't very often).

So, I've got these questions:

1. Can an deb from Ovi specify a list of dependencies from repository.maemo.org?

2. tesseract is available in extras-devel (I think). If the answer to 1 is yes, then can I specify tesseract as a dependency?

Cheers!

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
For question 1 I think the asnwer is no, the dependencies of OVI apps must be from official Nokia-repositories. And even if you could youse dependencies from Maemo.org Extras you probably couldn't use dependencies from the extras-devel (so the answer to question 2 is no too). If you are going to relase your app for free the extras repositorys are probably even better choise than OVI. If you dont want to relase your source you can upload it to non-free extras.

Hi MiK566,

Thanks for the quick reply!
So since it's not allowed to use dependencies from extras/extras-devel, can I just bundle the relevant OpenCV and tesseract debs and publish this set of debs to Ovi as a 'part' of my app?

Cheers!

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Aditya Bhatt View Post
Hi MiK566,

Thanks for the quick reply!
So since it's not allowed to use dependencies from extras/extras-devel, can I just bundle the relevant OpenCV and tesseract debs and publish this set of debs to Ovi as a 'part' of my app?

Cheers!
That probably depends on the licence of your application and the licence of OpenCV and tesseract (I'm not rally good in these so you have to find out yourself). You probably also have to read what Nokia allows to be uploaded to OVI.