... i just laugh these days when i log on see "bash Nokia" threads by all the TMO "high priests"...

... considering all these "advocates" pay nothing towards supporting the community and all the $$$ are paid by Nokia...

.... I also laughed my *** off reading the wazapp threads....

... because all those "believers" used to be so proud that the TMO community was more mature and "superior" to the IOS and Android "fanbois"...

ha ha ha

open minded ? maybe once, but these days...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
I am pretty sure the N800 guys (rest in piece) noticed the same thing when the n900 came along
Good effort at deafying the N810 owners Mister Underscore - do they no even exist?!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregoranderson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gregoranderson View Post
Good effort at deafying the N810 owners Mister Underscore - do they no even exist?!

oopz!

I of course meant N8x0, what with the N810 being the superior device.

Also, who are these 'high priests' you speak of? Care to indicate any specific instances of d-baggery?

Wow, TMO is considered intolerant? See the other sites, even gsmarena, much much more worse, they love 'Project bash Nokia'

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
i still think we at TMO are much better than others like xda etc. just look at the flaming and personal insults at xda for repeated topics etc and you'll notice how much more gracious TMO users are. yes there are the fanboys...give it time to settle down and they'll either fit in or leave...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
@abil_uk

I can remember all the threads where you used to literally be seen as a piece of meat to all the hungry lions on this forum in the N900 days :P

But back to the topic, it seems this is just an unfortunate phase and as said by others, other eco systems community have a much worse fanboy issue then us.

I think a main solution would be to maybe get a few more moderators who can not only help and try to resolve any pointless conflict, but also remove and unwanted or unhelpful users from the forum.

All societies have rules, and all rules need some kind of enforcing, whether it be a gentle nudge for a fanboyish user to reduce his provoking posts or threads, or even a 'cease and desist' warning so anybody consistently breaking the TMO rules is simply removed from the community.

Something like that could only help, as long as the mods aren't too strict.

Otherwise its just a matter of waiting for the "iPhoneish/Androidish" crowd to follow their only last for 6 months" policy and they will soon have sold off their N9's an gotten all of the "super"phones produced today and in the future.

We don't buy Maemo/MeeGo/Harmatta because its the latest tech and it opens stuff fast with fancy animations, we buy it because we like it, and if theres something we don't like, we can just open up X-term and change it.

I got an N900 and never even touched a terminal, now I prefer to actually install and copy files across via X-Term instead of the GUI methods

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
This forum has little visible moderation and that is the way we like it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
This forum has little visible moderation and that is the way we like it.
It won't be visible to the people who don't break the rules

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
I feel there should be a little visible moderation. This will help us to control such little conflicts and definitely community will grow stronger and stronger.

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
when we're talking about moderators - time to kill this thread?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
dirty jokes, douchecopters, dousan=hero!, internet scorn, intolerance, just stupid, litenup francis, welikeitourway