I even prefer the design of the N950.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
I really want the chance to test typing on the N9. Of course I love my N900 hwkb, but hey, maybe it's not so bad...?

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
I really want the chance to test typing on the N9. Of course I love my N900 hwkb, but hey, maybe it's not so bad...?
but you lose SO MUCH screen real estate using a screen kb.

I type out ALOT of long emails on my N900, and I cannot imagine losing so much screen estate in landscape mode for the hwkb. You will have so little room for text when you type out long emails.

the tactile sensation also allows me to type fast with fewer mistakes - my attempts on a software kb have been far slower.

i need the kb for productivity - guess I will have to go droid.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
Did anyone notice this

Device Type: Handset
Units available: 250
Device terms: Loan
Provider: Nokia
I dont think that the n950 is for sale it says you need to be a community developer to get one

http://nokia-n900.com/nokia-n9-released-devkit-n950/

Further, as N950, including its device software, is not a commercial
device, the quality and/feature set of N950 is of beta quality and comes
without any warranty or support whatsoever.
From the release notes

http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/...ase_Notes.html

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
In the past I just needed to register with my home postal address (in Hong Kong) and Nokia (Finland) would send me full CD of Symbian SDK, Communicator emulator, with an offer to buy developer version of Communicator, periodically when there's update.

Anyone knows how to become a N950 developer now? Is first born sacrificing required?

Go to Forum.meego.com

Qgil there has details and a thread for questions

i think basically you have to submit your project or what not, and if they think you are cool enough you get 1

and its a loaner too - its not really yours - i.e. they are only loaning it to you

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
In the past I just needed to register with my home postal address (in Hong Kong) and Nokia (Finland) would send me full CD of Symbian SDK, Communicator emulator, with an offer to buy developer version of Communicator, periodically when there's update.

Anyone knows how to become a N950 developer now? Is first born sacrificing required?

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Honestly, it looks cheap...i am not impressed. When it slide the keyboard out, it lifted the screen at a ridiculous angle. The keys look like toys to me. Another thing is, it's got NO FM transmitter...which is VERY important to me!! I'll pass...i think my N900 is still better HONESTLY cuz it got features i want. Sure it's more powerful but c'mon, my N900 can overclocked to 1GHz lol. FM transmitter is the real deal....very important.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Someone in today's main thread guarantees us that the lack of an fm transmitter is not because of hardware but because the code to make it work hasn't been put together yet. I believed him.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
oh ? i havent read the stuff on the dev program yet...

so its not a give away ?

hah - just like Nokia.

Based on the number of N900 sold they should have a rough idea what the demand for N950 is.... could have made a small batch to sell to some of the more desperate here...
sorry, wrong word. correct word is lended and one must return the unit after lend perioid is over.

e: if I remember correctly, there were rumours concerning the hinge mechanism. it wouldn't make sense to sell small amount of units that can break down from the hinge, responsibilities would probably be much bigger than what they get when selling the devices.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
could the title of this thread be any more original?

Tags
gimme, plz lemme buy, take my money!, want noa!!