Notices

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
I am sorry, but what exactly are the point in these mockups? They are stunningly beautiful, but they're still only mockups. IMHO, if MAG can make this app use a design file (eg xml?) like in conky, then all these mockups would be possible, and anybody could change/add/remove the features that require. Then we can even have people upload their themes here instead of the mockups.

So, what do you say, Mr. MAG?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-06-29 at 06:36.

arggh even more mind boggling.

If I kill enhanced-lockscreen in terminal using:

killall enhanced-lockscreen

Then run it using:

enhanced-lockscreen

It will use my image as long as I don't close the terminal window! Also is there a certain size for images to be displayed correctly as mine is not centralised and showing part of the left hand side clipped on the right.

Dekor the almighty post killer!

On a side note I will probably be uninstalling this. When received a call it took around 5-10 seconds for the phone to display the usual answer/reject options.

The Following User Says Thank You to dekor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Hey, MAG agrees with you.
Here's the re-redesigned landscape lock screen:

EDIT: Edited the portrait one too.
how can i diy like you~~

can you send it to me?

@willkr:
You cannot get it like that, it's just a concept made in photoshop.

No offense to Hurrian, but i also don't see point in that "mockupping". Its only real result is bloating this thread to the point, where 50% of users don't know what is real. Maybe just open another thread with "[mockup]" in title?

So far, only one user responded with confirm/deny status of extensive memory usage with lockscreen (that was confirming, lockscreen was using 18 MB also for him). Really can't anyone do fresh reboot, open conky or whatever, and post here real RAM + virtual memory usage?

Last edited by Estel; 2011-06-29 at 19:56.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
No offense to Hurrian, but i also don't see point in that "mockupping". Its only real result is bloating this thread to the point, where 50% of users don't know what is real. Maybe just open another thread with "[mockup]" in title?
In my experience, any statement which starts "No offence but..." is often best left unsaid. Of course some people will fail to read what's on their screen and assume that the mockups are actual screenshots, but the benefits surely outweigh any issues (what issues?) If nothing else, MAG has thanked Hurrian for his graphics help and (I believe) even requested some of the mockups (or at least some graphics) for inclusion into the app. That should be enough reason for continuing.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
So far, only one user responded with confirm/deny status of extensive memory usage with lockscreen (that was confirming, lockscreen was using 18 MB also for him). Really can't anyone do fresh reboot, open conky or whatever, and post here real RAM + virtual memory usage?
Did a cold boot just now. enhanced-lockscreen has VSZ of 42492 (or around 7% of total memory as shown by top)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
I only use the lock screen when I hold my N900 in portrait mode to unlock then hold the camera shutter to access the phone application to make a phone call. If I want to access other functions of my N900, I hold it in landscape position and use the slider or just slide out the keyboard to unlock.

For that reason I am only interested in having the lock screen in portrait mode only so that it does not rotate back and forth upon pressing the power button.
Also, after tapping or sliding to unlock on the lock screen, if instead of the N900 going to the desktop view it could open the phone application, that would be perfect.

Last edited by Dinho; 2011-06-30 at 07:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dinho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
I love this! however one thing that bugs the hell out of me is when i receive a call, the lockscreen stalls for 5 seconds.. makes me want to remove the app

Last edited by excelar8; 2011-07-01 at 05:34.

i had to uninstall it was locking... LOL .. my screen.

had to force restard,

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post: