Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
I was secretly hoping my Jolla would be shipped this week so I could receive it next week.
Problem is that after the 20 it will be deadzone all around europe, so no chance to get it in the 4th week of the agreement... So if they ship it on the 20. It will feel like if they respect their agreement but dont care at all about customer.

I would really prefer in this case that they send it AFTER new year to be sure that it arrives in time and not in the middle of Xmass rush...

Please, if you consider posting in here, check this thread first, might be more suitable:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91987

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
I don't think you are confused. And Jolla have moved the goalposts several times in the last few weeks, and hoped noone would notice. And they seem to have got away with it in the main - with people defending them by saying "You knew when preordered it that ..." or " You knew when you completed payment that ..." when the reality is that no, we didn't.

An example would be the beta nature of the OS. I sure as heck didn't know I'd be getting a beta when I preordered. And the Jolla specs didn't mention that until early November, when the website was revamped. Now I'm not particularly averse to it being beta. I'm just saying that information came very late to the party.
I don't mind SailfishOS is Beta, but i agree with you 100% that was not what i thought when i preordered. Plus 4G for example. My wife works for an operator and changed my contract to use 4G. (Not big money involved but still).
Or the Android compability...

Once again I still do want to have my Jolla, i still believe in them as a company but as i wrote some couple of pages back it is not #unlike to miscommunicate on that scale.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
why is folk angry? As far as I know it still not 4weeks since ordered?
It's unreal isn't it.

They quoted 3-4 weeks and it's not yet that but people are getting their panties in a bunch because Jolla have managed to get a delivery of them ready for sale through DNA earlier than the date quoted for mail order delivery.

Really people, be glad Jolla have managed to get them on sale in actual physical shops.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
ok, so we cooled down in this thread thanks to this other one.

Best thing ever that came out of here was the spreadsheet.

Does anybody mind explaining the difference between Order Date and Preorder Date again please? :-)

Also, keep the reports coming...

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Everybody just isn't a fanboi.
Try to understand.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Do you really think that keep complaining will improve the situation?
Do you really think that people at Jolla are playing an evil game and do their best to annoy non-FIN people?
Do you really think that they are not making their best to have all pre-ordered phones to be delivered at max speed?

What would be their interest? Really, what do you think? I am clueless about all this ranting. Ok you are waiting. Ok logistics is what is : maybe not that easy to deal with posting through international. First time that they actually do it! FIRST TIME.

I really hope that they do not read all those posts...

PS: that does not mean that I am not reading all those posts because I am eagerly waiting for mine and for any info but it is even more frustrating to see all those crying with almost nothing to write.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Do you really think that keep complaining will improve the situation?
Do you really think that people at Jolla are playing an evil game and do their best to annoy non-FIN people?
Do you really think that they are not making their best to have all pre-ordered phones to be delivered at max speed?

What would be their interest? Really, what do you think? I am clueless about all this ranting. Ok you are waiting. Ok logistics is what is : maybe not that easy to deal with posting through international. First time that they actually do it! FIRST TIME.

I really hope that they do not read all those posts...

PS: that does not mean that I am not reading all those posts because I am eagerly waiting for mine and for any info but it is even more frustrating to see all those crying with almost nothing to write.
When reading you I think about Nokia that crashed due to lack of proper communication... I dont want that to happen to Jolla.

Here we go ...

Jolla ‏@JollaHQ 4m
We’ve had unplanned challenges in shipping. We’re truly sorry for the delay & working 24/7 on the shipments.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kpblxa For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pipould View Post
When reading you I think about Nokia that crashed due to lack of proper communication... I dont want that to happen to Jolla.
Yo wot?
[massively off-topic]
The problems in Nokia Devices (NMP) were not problems of communicaton, at least not of communication towards customers...
[/massively off-topic]

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: