Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Updated the package with the following changes (list may be incomplete):

gpodder (0.11.1+svn-maemo4) chinook; urgency=low
* Support for hardware keys
* Show/hide channel navigator and size/released columns
* Add support for hildon banners (drop-in replacement for pynotify)
* Make the quit dialog work and hildonize it
* change some dialogs to better fit the screen
* set "podcasts" tab title to the currently selected podcast
* Hide channel navigator column header
* Hide advanced properties in the episode info dialog

I've updated the link in the original post to point to the new package Have a look!

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately, I've been having problems. Gpodder seems to crash after loading. 1st time I launch gpodder it opens and I added podcasts; things worked. The next time I opened the app, it crashed after quickly showing 'loading podcasts' dialog. It does this every time now. If try from term, I see this:

~ $ gpodder
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/SimpleGlad eApp.py:337: GtkWarning: Mixing deprecated and non- deprecated GtkToolbar API is not allowed
return gtk.glade.XML(self.glade_path, root, domai n)
Segmentation fault
~ $

This is second install (and latest version) ... I had uninstalled gpodder and those 2 depends yesterday .... 1st install had broke in same way. Worked only first launch/time.

Also, gpodder stops respondiing each time I add neww feed, but as long as I don't acknowledge popup message prompting me to close, it will 'respond' on it's own after bout 30 seconds or so.

Wanted to add that I just removed the gpodder dir from memcard (settings/podcasts) and gpodder then opened. I successfully added 1 podcaast, then closed the app and triedd too reopen; gpodder will not reopen.

Also, cannot change downlooad location via settings dialog.

I've now merged the Maemo changes upstream. We should now be able to provide you with Maemo packages for the most recent gPodder version, because it's maintained upstream, so all changes to the Desktop version will be available in the Maemo version, too.

You can grab the code from SVN from this page and get the packaging files needed to generate a .deb file from here: gpodder-maemo-debian-packaging.tar.gz

I've updated the link to the new package, please try it out and tell me if it works for you gpodder_0.11.1+svn-maemo6_all.deb

Originally Posted by chrisak View Post
~ $ gpodder
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/SimpleGlad eApp.py:337: GtkWarning: Mixing deprecated and non- deprecated GtkToolbar API is not allowed
return gtk.glade.XML(self.glade_path, root, domai n)
Segmentation fault
~ $
Which OS version and which python-gtk2 package version are you using? Please also try to upgrade to the latest package (maemo6) and possibly try to run gPodder with no other applications open and see if this helps.

I installed your new version but with same results; program will only
launch the 1st time (and works great). I've got OS2008, 2nd to latest release. Not sure about python version question. But it's ok.... I seem to be the only one having problems, and don't want to take up your time. I've uninstalled for now but I'll try again in future. It's looking *really* nice though, incl. most recent visual enhancements in .6!

Please post the output of "dpkg -l | grep python2.5-gtk2". I get the following:

ii python2.5-gtk2 2.12.1-1osso2 Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set

The important part here is "2.12.1-1osso2". Maybe you are using an old pygtk2 package?

I seem to have the same version:

Nokia-N800-50-2:~# dpkg -l | grep python2.5-gtk2
ii python2.5-gtk2 2.12.1-1 osso2 Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set

Ok, I think I found the problem: the following podcast, while it works fine when first entered, seems to be responsible for crashing gpodder on launch.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/AmateurTravelerPodcast

(edited for conciseness, if that's a word)

Last edited by chrisak; 2008-04-07 at 17:40.

Ok, I've tried to load the feed URL in scratchbox and it seems to produce some error, indeed, although in my case, it was locale-related. Please try with the updated "7" version that I'm now linking in the original post.

You need to pass "--maemo" to enable the Hildon UI changes (the codebase is now the same as Desktop gPodder, so both are included in the source). If you pass an additional "--verbose" to the command line in your xterm, you get debug messages on the xterm console, which might help you track down the problem further.

Please try the new package version and see if this makes the Travelling feed work

Thanks! New changes in .7 seemed to fix I'll try more after work. I really like the popup menu controls when you tap episode. And the import/export. Hope many others give this a try

Tags
media, podcasts