I think that there could be a treasury of great tablet-friendly sites courtesy of the minions of Steve Jobs worshippers. Nokia really needs to get on the ball and make the N800 as compatible as possible with the sites that are being created with the Iphone in mind. There's a new blog at CNET with a bunch of IPhone "apps" that I tried with my N800. Several worked beautifully, some worked okay, and some wouldn't work at all. I'm not a programmer by any means, but as an end user, I think Nokia and our community here would benefit from being IPhone website compatible.
I agree totally. This could be quite beneficial to N770/800 users.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
Here is a good example of an interface for iPhone Web 2.0 apps that would be nice on the N800. Register with an email and select your apps. If only the N800 had the ability to rotate the screen between landscape and portrait mode.

MockDock

Last edited by tabletfan; 2007-07-10 at 03:07.

I'm sorry, but all I saw was "blah blah Working Assets blah Working Assets, blah Working Assets."
That page is an advertisement for Working Assets trying to disguise itself as a "petition".
Laughable at best. Can a mod remove that spam link, bitte?

I think both sides have valid cases. I was previously with at&t (Cingular) and switched after like 7 months (didn't pay the cancellation fee). I had the worse experience ever and will never go back. So I believe it is unfair for the iPhone to be locked to att&t because "i'll die before going back"
I am forced to boycott by association, not because of that Working Assets propaganda.
As for the apps situation, although there are a large number of folks that will install and use these apps, the mainstream majority are purchasing it because its a Apple iPod type product. They will use it to talk, play music and surf.
Most will never even use the basic functions that the iPhone already offers, like that stock portfolio garbage. most will never even use the bluetooth, except maybe to hookup their ear piece (if it can even be used for anything else).