Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
And what did you expect, exactly? Did you notice the name of this forum?

Now, let me get this straight. You come out of nowhere, with no history to judge you by, no reputation. You introduce yourself by making a claim that is guaranteed to spark a negative response.

I do not know your pet device. For all I know, you may well be right. All I ask you to do is change your attitude slightly for a better chance to get your point across.
I think if you would check my signature you would know who I am. The attitude was just right because right before I left this thread somebody told me that there is no device that can match the N900. I found one, now I came back to post about it.

Maemo =/= N900 so Maemo forum was designed for NXXX devices users and Linux lovers. Except Lomax and HELLASISGREECE this thread is going just fine. I am explaining the capabilities of this device and I am explaining any misunderstandings.

"Useless" is a relative term. I have never used and will never use Facebook. It is totally useless for me. But I've heard it is quite popular.
You are extremely right here, but this was not based just on a personal opinion. Those functions are just extras for a device used for developing device. For example the GPS, you just developed an app, tested it and now, I just want to see where I am because why the hell not? Get my point? A developer device will never be stable enough for every day use, because there are 80% chances that your app on the first test it could mess up your device. Messing up a device and continuing development means you need to restore a clean environment for further development. This means a fresh install, this means that you have to restore everything... Doing this you just punish yourself...

Now this is the Maemo forum, not the N900 forum, and a good developer don't just wear horse glasses and see only one way, never see the whole picture. Those people giving negative responses are just fanatics, not developers.

Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
I know this device well,

I even coded for that device ... some directshow / gles dev

was on wince that time and I cant say I liked it

related devices of this erra :

Any personal experience on this Sony device. Can it be used as a phone? Any more details?

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Now, let me get this straight. You come out of nowhere, with no history to judge you by, no reputation. You introduce yourself by making a claim that is guaranteed to spark a negative response. Try asking yourself how you would react having seen someone else through this perspective and only then make judgments about who is more likely to be seen as a troll.
Don't bother answering. User will be banned very soon (broken the rule of creating a new account for bypassing a ban).

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Don't bother answering. User will be banned very soon (broken the rule of creating a new account for bypassing a ban).
I am sorry but it seems you didn't read the rules of this forum posted HERE and didn't quite understand why I was banned several times.

I was banned because I became too aggressive, I was banned because I filled this forum with off-topic troll spam, my main account was permabanned because I continued creating accounts to continue my "trolling".

Now I had a time-out, I got myself together, I contributed to the community and prove a point in another manner than before getting banned.

Please, before making an acusation, read the rules, inform yourself and than leave a reply.

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
I don't know about this guy ,but he created a thread stating that he found a device which can match N900.what's wrong in that.That's up to him.He is perfectly clear in saying that he would like to know more in comparision.Tell him if you want to or leave it.cool.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
The OP is the most annoying poster I have seen in TMO.

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
The OP is the most annoying poster I have seen in TMO.
I wish you a good day also, sir! Please stay on-topic or else I will report you for being off-topic my thread.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by PurpleXS8 View Post
I was banned because I became too aggressive, I was banned because I filled this forum with off-topic troll spam, my main account was permabanned because I continued creating accounts to continue my "trolling".
Admitting that was a very brave and noble thing to do. I tip my hat to you. But it is not enough to say, "I was a jerk, I am a good boy now." You need to demonstrate it. For a long time. Repairing a bad reputation is hard work.

Originally Posted by PurpleXS8 View Post
Please stay on-topic or else I will report you for being off-topic my thread.
And what do you expect the outcome of that report to be? "Hey, moderator, I have just created a new account to escape a ban and want to repo..." <beeeeep, carrier lost>

Unfair? Maybe. But that's life. See my point above about reputation.

I'll shut up now. The last thing everyone likes is pontificating. Have a nice day.

Admitting that was a very brave and noble thing to do. I tip my hat to you. But it is not enough to say, "I was a jerk, I am a good boy now." You need to demonstrate it. For a long time. Repairing a bad reputation is hard work.

And what do you expect the outcome of that report to be? "Hey, moderator, I have just created a new account to escape a ban and want to repo..." <beeeeep, carrier lost>

Unfair? Maybe. But that's life. See my point above about reputation.

I'll shut up now. The last thing everyone likes is pontificating. Have a nice day.
Please this is the last time I ask you people to stay ON TOPIC! Repairing my rep on a forum can be made with good quality posts and not getting into useless fights, it's not like this forum is my life and I really need to work hard to recover it.

The moderators should be objective about a violation of the rules, and on a forum off-topic is a violation of the rules. With this account I didn't break any rules and there is absolutely no rule specifying that a user is not allowed to have multiple accounts.

I know well how life is, but this time I not here for games. I am here to act like a USER and not a casual newcommer. I will report any violation I see, and I will not tolerate any trolls in my threads.

I wish you also have a good day and thank you for passing by in my thread.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
And this is where we see the "GET OUT"s.

Staying on topic on a off topic thread. That's original.

Tags
best device, device, hacker, htc universal, ultimate