Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
also can you try doing in terminal as root:

apt-get install gnu-tar

Edit: The more I look at that screenshot I feel its a chmod error...Maybe chmod 777? The screen says tar isn't executable so that's the main issue here...

Hey! Hello again.. i flash my device again and i did "The Grand DEB Packaging" and again: "tar: unrecognized option '--format=gnu'" .
Then i do what you suggested in that publication:
" - cp -R /path/to/downloaded/tar /bin/

- chmod 775 /bin/tar "
Anew... .deb success ... but Damage Installation Package (any deb).

This time, i did a backup of my "tar" archive and restore it... no solution.

Thanks for all the inconvenience and hope you understand that i'm experiencing, I do not know anything about programming but read. I'm an architect, i hope my intention to create simple packages not be truncated.

Pd. apt-get install gnu-tar -> package not found.
Cheers!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
ok since you are on fresh device can you install the binutils .deb I gave you?

then try the .deb packaging again?

Ok.. i try !

The Following User Says Thank You to kainerious For This Useful Post:
thedead1440 The binutils.DEB you posted it earlier say: Package not valid.
I install Binutils from Harmattan SDK repo
(apt-get install binutils )
And i did "The Grand DEB Packaging" and again: "tar: unrecognized option '--format=gnu'"

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kainerious View Post
And i did "The Grand DEB Packaging" and again: "tar: unrecognized option '--format=gnu'"
And here is your problem "The Grand DEB packaging"- thread is for N900 only, if you follow the thread with N9, you will corrupt your tar binary sha1 not to match refhashlist even if your in open mode.

Options:
1. Reflash the device
2. copy origin tar from busybox back in place (worst case still need to reflash)

You really should just do deb packages with your linux desktop and not on device. If you really need to replace tar command, then use AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN in openmode, and even then gnutar might be incompatible with harmattan installer.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-11-09 at 09:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Thanks Rainisto, i will install Ubuntu Quetzal on my Mac, be enough? Sorry, i did not read that it was N900. :S