Active Topics

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Nigeria
i have a c7 which covers my basic whatsapp needs./alarm/ need to hold a pretty (non blackberry) LIGHT(n900 is heavy as sh,,) phone around..that will still get heads moving...like my c7 does..in terms of camera the full focus is just bull..now i use an n900.. so i feel i should get a n9..but what i see on forums isnt impressive..i dont want it to end up packing dust and ill be forced to hold my n900. right now money isnt the problem but i dont want to hold 3 smartphones..(i always use 2) be honest.my basic needs are torrent apps..hd gaming..ill do alld android stuff and port some apps..im preety good with linux...but im a blood gamer..and i think n900, n9 and an ipad would complete me for life..being hearing some jolla crap but i havnt seen any moves..please reply..i need to make up my mind tommorow.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
keep the n900 and c7 but buy the n9 and enjoy the refined user experience...the n900 can maybe then be retired as a back-up to your back-up c7...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
keep the n900 and c7 but buy the n9 and enjoy the refined user experience...the n900 can maybe then be retired as a back-up to your back-up c7...
ws just thinking that.. tho those the n9 have a good wifi router app?.. the one on n900 id trash.. tho joiku on the c7 works perfectly.. and ill havea perfectly working whatsapp phone w/o mods n crap .tho c7 is a bug mine .i have to downgrade n re-upgrade to try n remove dome bugs now..but thanks ..ill follow ur idea

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
n9 has wifi hotspot built-in app which was developed by the same devs as those behind joiku

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by chiagn900 View Post
ill do alld android stuff and port some apps..im preety good with linux...but im a blood gamer
Honestly, if gaming is _absolutely_ at the top of your list, you really should go with an android phone. Only the most popular machines get the best games; regardless of the hardware capabilities of the N9 (or any future Jolla phone), it'll be the android phones (or the iPhone) which get the games. (And, of course, you can still root android to reach linux.)

Soon there will be no more N9 on sale.
Some retailers have sold the remaining stock with heavy discounts, so I guess that soon it won't make any sense to ask if one should get a N9 since there won't be any left at the stores.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Your basic needs are torrents, apps and HD gaming.. all of these are done very well by Android devices and are well-supported by the developers as well. Having said that, the N9 probably won't provide you with all that. It'll give you a brand new user experience and some new form of fun if you're a developer, but not what you really need. I'd say go for a high-end Android device.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

yh tho sme peps like the lumia...
hows typing on the n9..
cuz i hated typing on the lumia 800.. and the galaxy s1 (lcd screen) swype on c7 makes typing perfect..
for gaming i got an ipad2...theres no p there. i got a core i5 custom i built myself and still the c7 and n900 for light gaming..i basically need a list of disdvantages n advantages...oh does in have a good voice attendant like siri(iphone) or vlingo(symbian)

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chiagn900 View Post
yh tho sme peps like the lumia...
hows typing on the n9..
cuz i hated typing on the lumia 800.. and the galaxy s1 (lcd screen) swype on c7 makes typing perfect..
N9 has swype, and I use it all the time. While I can't give any comparisons to N900, I can give comparison to N950. Even with N950's hardware keyboard, I prefer typing with swype with N950. It is only rarely when in command-line I prefer to use hardware keyboard.

But basically I agree with other people's suggestions. If games are a big thing to you, get Android phone. N9 is great, but the game selection is much better on Android.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
please do something with your writing

's hrd 2 undrstand wha u mean