Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
been doing some looking around and came up on a device RUMOURED to be the RX-99....or as we may well know it in the future if it exists...the N9
so far the specs have been listed as:
1. 64gb storage space
2. 3430 omap processor
3. 4 inch wvga screen
4. amoled touchscreen

the design is rumoured to be a mixture between the n97 (think tilt) and the N8 and will be a Meego device.

can anyone say anything else about it? or add to the list of specs?

http://www.cellphonezones.com/nokia_...-meego-system/
Attached Images

Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
the design is rumoured to be a mixture between the n97 (think tilt) and the N8 and will be a Meego device.
Sounds like this again, the rumoured 'N98'

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
According to search of the FCC database "There are no applications on file that match the search criteria specified:
Grantee Code: ljp Product Code: rx99 "

"There are no applications on file that match the search criteria specified:
Grantee Code: LJP Product Code: RX-99 "

I tried it with and without a dash between the x and the 9. So it hasn't gotten as far as reaching the FCC database despite the label mock-up showing an FCC Certification designation.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
That is it. Look at how the FCC picture has one button on the side and the leaked render has one button on the same side. The OS pictured on the device appears to be Symbian^3.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ New Jersey
This is from 4/1/2010. Using mBarCode and see where the bar code takes you and this becomes obvious.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macdea For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by macdea View Post
This is from 4/1/2010. Using mBarCode and see where the bar code takes you and this becomes obvious.
xD the 2D Barcode thingi is funny.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Even if the FCC info isnt real, a N9 is still coming in some form or fashion and if the Nseries naming convention continues, the N9 will be a highend multimedia phone aka, Nokia flagship that has more features/components than the N8.

About the N8, it is about time Nokia made a N82 sucessor and If I didn't have my N900, the N8 would be my next phone.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
im not sure about the fcc label but from people who are usually in the know about nokia products the rx-99 is real in testing....very early protos....but the few specs i had in the OP are almost confirmed...its a choice as well between a 5mp camera with xenon and dual led and 8mp camera with either xenon or dual led....

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Originally Posted by macdea View Post
LOL Good one

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Sounds like this again, the rumoured 'N98'

That one have pretty much been confirmed by some trust worthy sources. Thought i would probally still take N8 over it.

I'm currently thinking of buying N8 next to my N900, but i just know that Harmattan phone announced this year will be 100% buy from me Hell i even joined this forum because of Harmattan back then.