Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
sometimes you have to close (via menu) whatsup and restart.

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tioubxancur View Post
why does it have to be this difficult?
remind me why you need to access this in your pc, and why you require root in first place.
I haven't used my N9 for a while but if i am not wrong, isn't everything, the config files and database stored in the home (/home/user) somewhere? (better ask Cepi for the exact location)
you could easily use a file manager (like filecase) to access these files. and even if it is not in home, you can browse the root directory too from filecase itself.
btw, i had an old copy of /home/user/MyDocs/Whastup/.backup. I couldn't find the database there.

Or is it that you have already checked this and not found anything and want to attempt file recovery, which i think might not work as you have been using the phone for 3 months, you say. The database probably has been overwritten during this time.
Yes, this is the reason, I have also checked through a filemanager app on the phone awhile ago and from my recollectiom it was either not there anymore in the backup, or the filesize was relatively small and new which thought I knew I had lost it, thus why I desperately need to do a file recovery.

Also, I've downloaded WinSCP now, how do I get my phone the sync with it?? How do I get my IP address and Pass apparently?

The Following User Says Thank You to Code_N95 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by Code_N95 View Post
Yes, this is the reason, I have also checked through a filemanager app on the phone awhile ago and from my recollectiom it was either not there anymore in the backup, or the filesize was relatively small and new which thought I knew I had lost it, thus why I desperately need to do a file recovery.

Also, I've downloaded WinSCP now, how do I get my phone the sync with it?? How do I get my IP address and Pass apparently?
obviously in SDK connection settings

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Anybody else, having "trouble" with the "last-seen" option? The date and time of my contacts just jump around like crazy without reason or system.not a big deal, but I'm curious.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emro For This Useful Post:
But how am I to get it into SDK???

Nokia Store doesn't work anymore since it apparently requires me to download/install something for me to access this mode!

The Following User Says Thank You to Code_N95 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by emro View Post
Anybody else, having "trouble" with the "last-seen" option? The date and time of my contacts just jump around like crazy without reason or system.not a big deal, but I'm curious.
Same here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hafgan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Tehran - Iran
Originally Posted by Code_N95 View Post

Hi dear friend

At the first:
"Your N9 developer mode must be Enabled."
for example by this way that dear coderus said or this one.

You have 2 ways for connecting your phone:
1) by Wireless
2) by USB cable

1) You must connect to an "Access Point" by your N9 via wireless.
The Access Point could be your wireless modem that your PC is connected to it too; Or it could be The wireless card of your PC or laptop that you use it in Access Point mode.
You can find your phone IP in Settings -> about.

2) Connect your phone to PC by USB cable in SDK mode.
If I remember it true, your phone IP is 192.168.2.15.

And after that you can follow this post.

I wish you success

Last edited by hrbani; 2016-01-04 at 08:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hrbani For This Useful Post:
I spent DAYS experimenting to get either Whatsup or Wazapp to work on my N9 (Meego Harmattan), now Whatsup seems to be working fine and I got rid of the other one.

Registration problems solved : enter the country code BUT where it asks for your phone number, remove the 0 at the front. It does not know to do this, and it doesn't give you any sign that anything is wrong or has even registered a button push. Maybe the message to the user should tell them to remove the leading 0..

But amazing effort for reverse engineered software! Have seen the Github page too..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wasnt_me For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
IF you manage to screw up, and get blocked for using an unofficial client... Would something like AndyROID (Android device emulator) work to communicate with them, and get unblocked?

Just installed this thing, and i have no intention of using / managing groups, but anyway...

Oh, and thanks for the hardwork and effort put in to this thread, and the app.
B!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr B For This Useful Post:

Tags
cepi rocks, cepiperez, harmattan, whatsapp, whatsup