Notices

Posts: 6,806 | Thanked: 8,270 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
I think Chen is doing the smart thing.
given the nightmare of how things turn out here...

rather than incremental updates for everyone to pick over.

Showing and making available a product ...
after it is done..
makes sense.
Yeah. If its done. No need to drop something half baked here unless he wants to make some new potential customers, advice or just hangout.

But most of the time it usually ends up with different feature request

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...I'm also supporting Apple 2016 or until Jolla fully refund or ship the jPad to all backers and supports!

"waited over a year for no tablet and then the same again for potential refund? inspires confidence!"

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-07-31 at 09:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 639 | Thanked: 2,297 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
I wouldn't worry about people being rude too much, Chen has been here long enough to know how to use the ignore list... I doubt he even saw the post.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,806 | Thanked: 8,270 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
I wouldn't worry about people being rude too much, Chen has been here long enough to know how to use the ignore list... I doubt he even saw the post.
Im not sure what post you are talking about. But if you consider any of my post rude you are right. He use ignore list and seems to be happy with that so that is excellent.

Now we just have to wait for some kind of release date or announcement of some info. Will see what happens next.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...I'm also supporting Apple 2016 or until Jolla fully refund or ship the jPad to all backers and supports!

"waited over a year for no tablet and then the same again for potential refund? inspires confidence!"

... oh how refreshing to read through 3 pages of posts where 2 frogs and an endsor speculates about speculation... ;-)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,446 | Thanked: 6,012 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World

Rosa sum ergo spam sum....
I am pink, therefore I am spam

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.~ Austin O'Malley

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's , 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 has loose usb ( considering it for parts), 1 has no telephony (perfect for permanent set-up as mini-pc with one of my monitors))
1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. Awaiting refund process.
3-nexus 5's : 1 with ̶L̶i̶n̶e̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶O̶r̶e̶o̶ ̶8.̶1̶ P̷l̷a̷s̷m̷a̷ ̷M̷o̷b̷i̷l̷e̷ Lineage oreo 8.1 (intend maemo leste when ready) , 1 with ̶U̶b̶u̶n̶t̶u̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶c̶h̶ Bliss OS, 1 with ̶P̶l̶a̶s̶m̶a̶ ̶M̶o̶b̶i̶l̶e̶ Maru OS

PIMP MY N8X0
Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGS
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAY
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PRO
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTS
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Merienth View Post
... oh how refreshing to read through 3 pages of posts where 2 frogs and an endsor speculates about speculation... ;-)
Who is the other frog? You?

Unfortunately speculation is the only thing we can do until chen decides to release the prototype images and/or release date.

Waiting for your mighty input to this thread. More quality contribution needed.

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-08-01 at 08:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
few days ago people were talking about trackpads...

i remember the samsung omnia having something like that.

it functioned as a button and swiping over the button it functioned as arrow keys (depending on direction of swipe).

you could activate 'mouse-mode' in settings which would enable a mouse arrow on screen and then swiping over it would move the mouse arrow (it was running windows mobile), like an actual trackpad, pushing the button = clicking the 'mouse'.

it worked surprisingly well as arrow keys, only sometimes used it in mouse-mode (when i was surfing and there were too many tiny links next to each other to press comfortably with fingers without pressing on the wrong one).

htc desire z had a similar button although i'm not sure it had the same funcionality

after the omnia i got me the n900 and ended up on this place... ahhh nostalgia.

Last edited by SaiKo; 2018-08-01 at 13:34.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SaiKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 940 | Thanked: 1,726 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Oh, I didn't know about that example. I am convinced that for the space it takes, I would be worth it. Having a cursor on a landscape phone with a qwerty keyboard is in my opinion a must, and the Gemini weaknesses demonstrate it.

If the Livermorium is capable of running Debian or other desktop OSes, then it would be a huge pro to be capable of using them without a big finger on the screen all the time (this never works on OSes that are not made for it, and it's not comfortable either), an inaccurate capacitive stylus, and without plugging a mouse. We would be able to use these OSes on the go. And even if it doesn't run these OSes, then it should still be able to run Teamviewer/Nomachine/VNC/Parsec/Shadow, and therefore a mouse would be needed too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Oh, I didn't know about that example. I am convinced that for the space it takes, I would be worth it. Having a cursor on a landscape phone with a qwerty keyboard is in my opinion a must, and the Gemini weaknesses demonstrate it.

If the Livermorium is capable of running Debian or other desktop OSes, then it would be a huge pro to be capable of using them without a big finger on the screen all the time (this never works on OSes that are not made for it, and it's not comfortable either), an inaccurate capacitive stylus, and without plugging a mouse. We would be able to use these OSes on the go. And even if it doesn't run these OSes, then it should still be able to run Teamviewer/Nomachine/VNC/Parsec/Shadow, and therefore a mouse would be needed too.
Do you know if Chen trying to design a pocket Computer or a smartphone with qwerty? Or just trying to achive a topnotch slider/QWERTY experience?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Who is the other frog? You?

Unfortunately speculation is the only thing we can do until chen decides to release the prototype images and/or release date.

Waiting for your mighty input to this thread. More quality contribution needed.
Dont take my comment as an offense. Oddly enough I really do like to read throuh such comments... this is how I like talk.maemo

And for the 2nd frog: Fellfrosch in german roughly means Peltfrog or Furfrog in english.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen