Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by brontide View Post
OK ... PM me for access to 0.8.0. This will tentatively be going into Diablo Extras assuming there are no major issues. It will have the new name DialCentral and has a signifigant number of upgraded items.
erm... isn't DialCentral publicly available from extras-devel? (uploaded by you)

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
I just got DialCentral from diablo extras-devel, and it either doesn't coontain the icon, or it's named wrong. Even after rebooting, the icons don't show up.

It seems the dialer only picks up the GC call log and not the messages, which is more useful IMO.

Will Evolution support need evolution installed on the tablet?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Yes, anyone who installed DialCentral from extras-devel should give me feedback.

Even after rebooting, the icons don't show up.
Hmmm... I'll check into that. I'm sure it's just a typo. This is the reason it's still in -devel and not promoted to extras.

It seems the dialer only picks up the GC call log and not the messages, which is more useful IMO.
Yes, at this time the actual VM is not picked up... maybe a new feature for 1.0

I don't think so.... I didn't install anything... maybe epage can fill us in since he wrote the addressbook part.

any other comments/suggestions. Most of the networking is now threaded making the UI 100% more responsive especially for slow/unstable connections. Holding down the back button clears the number as well.

Originally Posted by brontide View Post
I don't think so.... I didn't install anything... maybe epage can fill us in since he wrote the addressbook part.
I did some of the development testing for the evolution addressbook feature.

It doesn't require evolution to be installed, only python-evolution bindings. It basically allows you to call people in the tablet's "Contacts" database.

The Following User Says Thank You to DataPath For This Useful Post:
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by DataPath View Post
I did some of the development testing for the evolution addressbook feature.

It doesn't require evolution to be installed, only python-evolution bindings. It basically allows you to call people in the tablet's "Contacts" database.
Do you know the exact packages as I can't find a python-evolution package. If I know I can add it as a dependency so it's installed automatically.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
The package seems to be python2.5-evolution, but it doesn't seem to be in the diablo extras repository, only chinook extras. http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...lution-python/

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Watauga, TX
@brontide excellent work man, this will make GC more than an anti-spam number for me. I tested it over T-Mo USA 3G (UTMS) and it worked just fine. A little slow at first but once the call was established there wasn't any noticeable difference between 3G and WiFi.

Ok... fixed the icons...

please, more feedback especially bugs. By Wednesday I would like to send this to extras.