Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
multiboot is tied to /sbin/preinit, flashing the kernel will not remove multiboot
really?? when i had this problem i used the code for reflashing the kernel and when i booted, there was no multiboot, even with the keyboard out... O.o

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
multiboot is tied to /sbin/preinit, flashing the kernel will not remove multiboot
Code:
flasher-3.5 -k zImage -l --boot="init=/sbin/preinit_orig ubi.mtd=rootfs root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs rootflags=bulk_read,no_chk_data_crc rw console=ttyMTD,log console=tty0 snd-soc-rx51.hp_lim=42 snd-soc-tlv320aic3x.hp_dac_lim=6"
should override multiboot.

Or just press 0.
This worked for me Removed the crap MultiBoot now and am happy

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
Originally Posted by Devrim View Post
I dunno about the flash code you gave but pressing 0 didn't work for him (He really did something weird I guess...)
Pressing '0' after Kernel flashing worked for me. But pressing '0' with Multiboot option was throwing me a Guru Meditation crap.

All i did to produce this defect was just installing Multiboot,then reboot. I don't think it had anything to do with the MeeGo on MicroSD because there was no traces of whether or not the MicroSD is present,or it has got some Image.. I failed to place a rootfs for the MeeGo to be recognized..

Thank you Devrim

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2011 @ india
Code:
flasher-3.5 -k zImage -l --boot="init=/sbin/preinit_orig ubi.mtd=rootfs root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs rootflags=bulk_read,no_chk_data_crc rw console=ttyMTD,log console=tty0 snd-soc-rx51.hp_lim=42 snd-soc-tlv320aic3x.hp_dac_lim=6"
should override multiboot.

Or just press 0.
CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN ME THIS STEP
I am having boot up problem with this error after multiboot problem

'Can't flash kernel,required files not found.
Guru meditation#00000025.62017712

hit any key to panic'

please reply.....

you may have installed a new kernel, without installing the boot-img.
if you just want to get rid of multiboot :
1)download the fiasco image
2)extract the fiasco image into by flasher-3.5 -u /path/to/image
3)connect your n900 to pc into flashing mode.
(connect cable to pc, press and hold "u" on n900 keyboard, connect cable to pc)
4)cd to where you extracted the fiasco image, and execute the command that you have quoted.
your n900 should turn on and maemo start with default kernel (unless you deleted the default modules of course !!), remove multiboot and you are done !

Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
you may have installed a new kernel, without installing the boot-img.
if you just want to get rid of multiboot :
1)download the fiasco image
2)extract the fiasco image into by flasher-3.5 -u /path/to/image
3)connect your n900 to pc into flashing mode.
(connect cable to pc, press and hold "u" on n900 keyboard, connect cable to pc)
4)cd to where you extracted the fiasco image, and execute the command that you have quoted.
your n900 should turn on and maemo start with default kernel (unless you deleted the default modules of course !!), remove multiboot and you are done !

I am new in linux as well as in n900 so can you please explain me in detail

is this my fiasco image file?
RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.004_PR_COMBINED_004_ARM.bin

I had download this latest file for my country India from page http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php after entering my Imei number
and I had saved this file in folder C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5
now which command I have to use with this file while in flashing mode ?
please explain me

some one please help me about my problem My n900 is still off.....
hey ivyking can you please explain me your step..... ?

some one please help me about my problem My n900 is still off.....
hey ivyking can you please explain me your step..... ?

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
okey okey .dont worry .it will be okey in a moment ..
go here :http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware
i assume you using windows,so keep on looking at there ,till Windows section comes ,under UPdating or reflashing the firmware with the flasher .
download the flasher ...( maemoflasher 3.5 ) - ( for windows 7,xp or whatever you using )
download the latest firmware ....for india ( for this you will have to get your battery out ,to see the code )
once you done with these things :
1:run the flasher on your pc ( flasher and firmware image must be in one folder,they should be in C/programfiles/maemo folder.
2key just follow me here ,
press U key on N900,connect it to usb and look for usb sign at right corner.
check as if the driver for your windows successfully installed or not for this process( flashing parent driver,Usb Rom etc ,if says NOT SUCCESFULLY installed,you better install them on your own )
better rename the latest firmware file ( for example ( RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM) rename it to ( park.bin )
now click on the maemoflasher in your pc and run the flasher with the command(by typing) : flasher-3.5 -F park.bin -f -R
IF the flasher asks for USB (disconnect the usb and reconnect it again- hope usb gets connected)
last night i spent 4 hours bickering with this bloody driver issue .Hope that doesnt happen to you .
Follow every thing and you will be okey .(every one else may follow these instructions .its nice and easy ) i hope so ;p
main problem is the (flasher and firmware image) ,they take so long and Rest it just takes a minute to Reflash your device .
ciao .further help ? i am here !

Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
type in
flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R
into maemo flasher

but you have to have the maemo firmware image in the flasher and the n900 connected and everything.

i had the same error when i installed nitdroid and the maemo power kernel at the same time. i still dont know what the cause was

and also flashing the kernel will erase multiboot. im not sure what itll do to meego, but maemo will stay the same.
this code works for me
thanks

now which application to remove for multiboot screen at the starting of phone ?