Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Thanks. Found mine in the Spam folder somehow.
If all else fails, check folders labeled soon...

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
My email showed up in a gmail promotions folder. Might check junk or spam folder.
For better or worse, I don't have a spam folder. Most gets deleted and some mail gets challenged -- the mail server sends a replay asking the sender to prove his or her humanity -- although that's rare. Perhaps Jolla doesn't appear human enough.

Or maybe I'm just way down the email list since I was also way down the "list of despair" or whatever we're calling it now.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
For better or worse, I don't have a spam folder. Most gets deleted and some mail gets challenged -- the mail server sends a replay asking the sender to prove his or her humanity -- although that's rare. Perhaps Jolla doesn't appear human enough.

Or maybe I'm just way down the email list since I was also way down the "list of despair" or whatever we're calling it now.
If you don't get the mail you don't get refunded...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, I'm an IGG contributor that hasn't gotten a tablet, a refund or an email. Although any of those could have gotten lost somewhere . . .
Same thing here!
I was almost getting desperate; why is everybody else receiving mails but not me...

Good to hear I'm not alone!

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland

That's a bit intense. Did you consider greylisting? That's a little less in-your-face, while still weeding out all the spam relays.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Still can't believe Jolla can only refund via PayPal
Why not to create a temporary PayPal account and after you have received the refund just delete the account?

I got the latest email about an upcoming email for a refund. But Jolla keeps sending emails to my old address. I have already updated Indiegogo with a new one, but Jolla apparently doesn't use that anymore. The problem for me is that the old email is ISP based, and I am about to change ISPs. So I am in danger of being locked out of the refund process. At the bottom of Jolla emails is a link for updating my "subscription preferences", but it doesn't actually work (when you try to submit something I get a Mail Chimp error). Any suggestions, I'll gladly take 'em.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by att View Post
Why not to create a temporary PayPal account and after you have received the refund just delete the account?
Yes, either that or I just randomly enter à valid paypal email and transfer The Money there.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
I got the latest email about an upcoming email for a refund. But Jolla keeps sending emails to my old address. I have already updated Indiegogo with a new one, but Jolla apparently doesn't use that anymore. The problem for me is that the old email is ISP based, and I am about to change ISPs. So I am in danger of being locked out of the refund process. At the bottom of Jolla emails is a link for updating my "subscription preferences", but it doesn't actually work (when you try to submit something I get a Mail Chimp error). Any suggestions, I'll gladly take 'em.
Well, do the first thing that comes to mind - write to Jolla!

Just create an issue on Zendesk and then you can normally communicate with the Jolla Care via e-mail. From my experience, they are quite fast to respond recently and have always been helpful. I'm sure they'll take care of that.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
Definitely contact them. From what we've been told, they're going to have to construct a system where backers claim their backing number with a paypal account, because it sounds like Indiegogo don't really support refunds (so much for all those claims about their terms etc. ) If you get yourself verified personally with them now, you might save yourself having to go through some ID driven process later, or whatever they manage to put together for the uncontactable.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund